Southbound on the Millenium out of Alaska/Celebrity or Royal Suite?

Zoolander

Interested in taking another cruise out of Seward next May. We loved Alaska last year, and my wife and I are very intrigued by sailing with Celebrity.

RSSC has priced us out a bit:(, and the Royal Suite is actually around 2K less a person than the PH we would be reserving on the Navigator:o.

We are leaning towards the Royal Suite over the Celebrity Suite at this time. Predominately for two reasons. 1. The hot tub on the veranda;), and 2. the ability to go outside whenever and however we would like:D. That being said, it does look as if the views from the Celebrity Suite would be amazing, and the positioning of the dinner table is better for views as well.

Lots of reviews have said that they like the Celebrity Suite on the Alaska Cruises because the weather can keep you inside, so what is the point of the veranda. Last year... the weather was amazing. Rained about one hour the entire time we were there and that was in Ketchican, of course.

I guess it is a personal preference, and there is a savings of at least 1K per person to stay in the Celebrity Suite over the Royal Suite. But I would love to hear someone who has strong view either way:confused:.

Also, are the elevators an issue with the Celebrity Suite? It looks as if they are right in front of the suites door.

Thanks.:cool:

Thanks.

Its funny. We have been on such small ships in the past that I forgot the difference in the size. On small ships, you come out of the elevator and are right at your doorstep.

When we were on the Disney Magic, for the first time ever, I did have a tough time getting my bearings now and then. "I think I am on the wrong side of the ship", "Shoot, I think I am at the front of the ship, not the back", etc.!:eek:

When the ship is small, no issues!;)

Will be interested to see the itineraries and the difference in prices on Tuesday.:rolleyes:

Thanks again.

Archived