Celebration deluxe cabins deck 6

We want to do the Pharaohs cruise on Celebration for the itinerary. We usually stay in a balcony cabin which obviously isn't possible on this ship, but wonder if it's possible to stay in an outside cabin on deck 6 then have easy access to an outside deck by choosing a cabin near an exit door? Would this be possible? Any help/advice much appreciated

Hi Sue,

We have been on the Celebration twice. First time was our first cruise so we treated ourselves to a deluxe on deck 9 (cabin 21) - very nice.

Second time we booked late and had a standard outside cabin on a lower deck, which was OK, obviously smaller, but you get what you pay for.

One problem I can see with deck 6 is that is is promenade deck, so you will get people walking past your windows all the time. and we noticed people kept their curtains shut!! Another is that the lifeboats are hanging above, so could make cabin dark??

Deck nine is slightly dearer, but the higher up the Celebration you are, the less the "vibration".

It's a great old ship though and the staff and entertainment are wonderful. It is really suited to Red sea and Med. Unfortunately, our 2nd trip was in December from Canaries accross the Atlantic to Morocco and it was rough!

Hope this helps, Linda

We've stopped in cabins 218/219 not had too many problems, the cabins wern't dark 218 has a double bed and is a little different in shape, we never really had too much of a problem with people outside

We are back in cabin 219 on our next cruise as well

Thank you all for your replies - you've given me a lot to think about now I know my plan is possible but may have some disavantages. I'll have to decide what's most important to us, but I'm leaning towards deck 6 near the exit

We have had 223 and 225 and they are really spacious with bath !! don't worry about people seeing in your window as there are voile curtains at the window and you can't see in unless you have the light on inside....I have checked !!! we always say it is the nearest you can get to a balcony as you can just walk a little way along the corridor and then out on deck...also close to the lift/stairs and the launderette!!!!!

We have had 223 and 225 and they are really spacious with bath !! don't worry about people seeing in your window as there are voile curtains at the window and you can't see in unless you have the light on inside....I have checked !!! we always say it is the nearest you can get to a balcony as you can just walk a little way along the corridor and then out on deck...also close to the lift/stairs and the launderette!!!!!

Deck 6 it is!!!:D Thank you all

Hi jenny wren, I see you are going on the Celebrity Eclipse on 18th Sep.

So are we. It is our 40th wedding anniversary on the 19th.

I also see you are going in June. What itinery is that?

LindA

Oh what a lovely way to spend your Ruby wedding!! The June itinerary is to the Baltics which we haven't done before so really looking forward to it....mind you we really look forward to any cruise at all it doesn't matter where its going!!!:D

Archived