First balcony - any suggestions

jessie073

My fiance and I have just booked our honeymoon cruise on the Caribbean Princess this summer. This will not be our first cruise but it is our first cruise with Princess and this will be our first time booking a balcony - which we are very excited about after reading so many great comments on the boards about the balconies. Right now I have a balony booked on the 2nd level down from the top, towards the middle of the ship and on the port side. Just wondering if this is the best place possible to be or if anyone has any suggestions. We are on the June 4th sailing - if anyone has been on this itinerary is the port side of the boat the best as far as port views - not sure which way the ship typically docks. Thanks :)

My personal favorite is the complete Aft (stern). Nothing more romantic and no worries about uncovered balcony with no privacy!! They are considered "prime real estate" and I would imagine they are booked already for 6-4...but perhaps you could go on a waiting list for one if any open up.

Deb

Deb

Jessie, if you want a larger balcony, category BB and BA on Caribe deck are very desirable cabins by many. The balconies are almost double the size and half covered and half exposed. The BB cabins that are facing the back are also larger but completely covered, although are booked quickly. There are a few BB's on Caribe deck still available......good luck. Congrats on your wedding.

I would choose Caribe Deck, mid ship, port side. The balconies on Caribe are the largest and are 1/2 covered, 1/2 exposed - maing them usable even if it rains. You'll have 2 reclining chairs (can ask your room steward for loungers), dining table and small side table and plenty of room to move around. We always choose port side as we like to see the dock and surrounding area.

Kathy

No matter where you are located, you will enjoy your balcony and never want to go back. I have been in just about all locations with covered and uncovered balconies and all I can say is I've enjoyed them all. Have a great cruise and watch the sun rise and set from your balcony and you will be in heaven.:) Can't think of a nicer way to spend a honeymoon.

• 2 weeks later...

You'll have a great cruise no matter which balcony cabin you have. But be sure to ask your TA to keep a watch on prices. We were able to switch from a BD to a BA balcony on our Grand Princess cruise when the price dropped before final payment date.

Although we would prefer to always have a balcony, sometimes the difference in price is more than we care to pay. On our last cruise, we were happy in our inside cabin. Since it was a holiday cruise, prices were outrageous. A balcony would have been $8,000 more, and even an outside cabin was $1,500 more than the inside cabin for the two of us.

Archived