Native Way Watersports?

Rmunson72906

Has anyone used NativeWay Watersports in Grand Cayman? We are thinking of booking the stingray City/Coral Gardens/Starfish Trip. The price is good, and there are plenty of stops they also claim to refund your money if your cruise misses Grand Cayman. Just wondering if anyone has any opinions on them or if theres anyone better out there. Also we will be in grand cayman in Mid-May should we be worried about not making it there? (I've read on other boards about people missing the stop because of winds and stuff)

We used them just last week for that same tour. It was very easy to book and only required a cc guarantee, no actual advance payment. I had dealt with Sharon in making arrangements and she assured me that our group of 22 would be on a small tour with only 10 other passengers. We arrived at our meeting time to find that there were 35-40 other passengers. The boat was crammed with people. I asked to speak with Sharon and she explained that the 10 person group emailed her from their ship and added quite a few others. I was very unhappy with this and explained to her that I would have made other arrangements if she had the courtesy to notify me of the change. She agreed that she should have contacted me and was very apologetic. She offered to take us at a different time or to discount the trip for all of us. Since we were already there, we took the discount. The actual crew members on the boat were awesome. Stingray City was only waist high so no swimming needed. Coral gardens and the starfish were easily accessed from right off the boat. Both could be seen by snorkeling out maybe 10-15 ft. Life jackets were available also. Other than the problem discribed, it was a great excursion.

We will be on the Valor in Nov with DD7 and DS 9 and are looking at doing either the Stingray/Coral Gardens/Starfish tour with Native Way or doing the Stingray/Barrier Reef tour with Moby Dick. Both of my children know how to swim but DD is pretty timid and has only snorkeled off the shore. Which tour would work better for us?

We did the rays, reef, and rumpoint tour on 4/1/10 with NativeWays. Our children are 14, 12, 9, and 6. It was a great tour and we ended up stopping for the starfish, also. Apparently eveyone else on the boat had booked that tour and we were the only ones going to Rumpoint, so they put us together. The children were all scared of the rays. DD6 wouldn't even look at them. I ended up sitting with her on the boat, which was fine. The others stayed in the water, but didn't want to touch them. With the snorkeling stop my DD6 was struggling at first, but they fixed her up with a life jacket around her waist and she did great after that. They dropped our family and one of the guys from the boat at Rumpoint. He got us set up with lunch (was included) and then left, also. We had 1.5 hours at the beach. It is a beautiful spot and the kids all loved it, very calm, lot of shells and interesting rocks. They picked us up at the agreed upon time and took us back. The guys on the boat were great. In spite of the kids not liking the rays, it was a great day.

Archived