Review of our Spring Break cruise on Carnival Dream

PaulMedik

I am really loving your review and appreciate all the time it must take! May I add one request though...since your reviews are so great and I'm sure others (including myself!) would like to read your past reviews, would it be possible for you to post links to former reviews in your signature?

Glad you enjoyed your Dream cruise. We have booked my husband's parents on the Dream for Sept., 2011 for their 50th anniversary. We won't be with them, but wish we were after reading your review!

Paul, did you get a chance to use the laundry rooms? How are they?

Thanks!

We went to the laundry room on 7 just to check it out. Seemed small with about 4 washers. I was surprised that you had to use real coins instead of S & S card. If you think you're going to use it you might want to take your own soap.

Lovin' your review! Paradise Beach brings back bad memories for me:(. I went in there on my September cruise and I was attack by sand fleas:eek:. My arms and legs looked like I had the chicken poxs, lol. But overall it's a beautiful beach.

We went to the laundry room on 7 just to check it out. Seemed small with about 4 washers. I was surprised that you had to use real coins instead of S & S card. If you think you're going to use it you might want to take your own soap.

Margie, thanks so much for the info! We will be cruising on the Dream in August and the very next day after we get off, we will head onto the Disney Wonder - I think I need to do laundry at some point :D

Purex now makes sheets that look like a dryer sheet that have soap and fabric softener in them. Throw them in the washer, then transfer to the dryer as a dryer sheet. Really easy to pack for travel - we took a bunch in a ziploc bag to Hawaii with us a few months ago and they worked well. So much easier than packing liquid or powder detergent and takes up less space and weight in your luggage as well.

Purex now makes sheets that look like a dryer sheet that have soap and fabric softener in them. Throw them in the washer, then transfer to the dryer as a dryer sheet. Really easy to pack for travel - we took a bunch in a ziploc bag to Hawaii with us a few months ago and they worked well. So much easier than packing liquid or powder detergent and takes up less space and weight in your luggage as well.

I second that!! These things are great for travelling.

I second that!! These things are great for travelling.

I third that--best invention ever! They come in several scents (including hypoallergenic) and I can't recommend them highly enough!

We love aft wraps, but if we opted for a balcony other than an aft wrap we would DEFINATELY choose a Spa balcony if not for the amenities, then for the location, location, location. I also like the open top of the spa balconies which affords maximum sunshine.

Curious about what you mean by maximum sunshine? We're looking at the non-spa deck 11 balconies, but are unsure whether the balcony is "covered" (like a traditional balcony--by the deck above) or whether it's open to above (something like the lanai). We'd kind of like a little shade, and would prefer not to have everyone on the deck above leaning over and looking (or dropping things) directly down on us. Any advice?

Outside his window the BBQ was going strong;

2659056270065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

I asked Bryson if he'd been down to the Lanai BBQ. He said he went to the grill earlier because the line was too long on the Lanai. I guess he was right;

2321926270065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

Yikes--that is quite a line! Do you recall if the bbq was every day or only on sea days? Just thinking it might be a little easier to get to if we came back early from a port stop.

Thanks again for your terrific review and pictures!

Thanks I'll check into them. Would be nice to have some in my cosmetic bag for emergencies.

Thank you for your review! I am really enjoying it. Currently looking to book a cruise for May of 2010 and I really want to book the Dream.

My parents haven't cruised since their honeymoon almost 27 years ago and I have them excited to try it again.

Look forward to the rest of your review!

Thanks for the info. On my last Norweigan Cruise (Spirit), the last night you were able to buy all of your photos for a discount. I'm not sure if that is customary of just something the photographer did. I was wondering if Carnival had a similar policy. I was able to get all of my pixs for $100.

I have never heard of these things. Where do you buy them? :)

[quote name='iluvtotravelgirl']Thanks for the info. On my last Norweigan Cruise (Spirit), the last night you were able to buy all of your photos for a discount. I'm not sure if that is customary of just something the photographer did. I was wondering if Carnival had a similar policy. I was able to get all of my pixs for $100.[/quote]

I wish Carnival had a package like that. A friend told me she had something like that on Princess too. They were traveling with their 3 year old and I'm sure she followed the photographer around the ship with her DD in tow based on the amount of pictures she had.:rolleyes:

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Your reviews are the next best thing to actually being on the ship with you and your family. All that I have read thus far have been so very well written and fully documented with tons of pics, both of which are fantastic. (Since "a picture is worth a thousand words," I try to imagine how large a volume would result if you substituted words for pics!! WOW!!)[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I have enjoyed your Carnival reviews so much, I cannot help but wonder if you have sailed on other cruise lines. Have you tried lines other than Carnival? If so, (and if you don't mind sharing,) what other lines and ships have you sailed? Again, if so, did you "publish" in depth reviews of other line's sailings and where can I find them? (Please don't misunderstand - we love sailing on Carnival's ships but we stay open-minded!)[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Looking forward to reading the remainder of your great review of the Dream!![/FONT][/COLOR]

Love the review. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We will be in that cabin in October, and I have a question for you. We were hoping to have everone in our group out on our balcony for sail away. Can you tell me if there is enough room between the bed and couch to fit a wheelchair? If not we will need to pick a different location. Thanks so much!

[SIZE=4]I have really enjoyed reading your review. I also noticed that you have been on the Legend. We are getting ready to book our 6th Carnival Cruise for this November and have narrowed it down to the Legend or the Dream. We are traveling with a group of friends and family with kids age 5 through 12. We are a little worried about the crowding on the Dream, but think the kids might enjoy the extras the Dream has to offer. On the other hand, have been on the Miracle and, so far, it has been our favorite ship. Only comparing ship to ship (not cost, embarkation port, or ports of call) which ship would you choose? Thank so much.[/SIZE]

I'm loving reading this review as well! You write and illustrate such fun reviews. My sister was on the Dream the week after you so I feel like I know a little better what her ship experience was like. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your review when you have time!

Dad gummit!!! :D:eek::D Do you have to work? It's getting in the way of your wonderful review.

Do Karen and the boys really need shelter or food when you could be writing and posting pictures?

Looking forward to the rest of your review.:D

Archived