Review of our Spring Break cruise on Carnival Dream

PaulMedik

Paul:

Love all your reviews. Based upon your photos and recommendations, we did Paradise Beach while in Cozumel on the Inspiration this past week. It was your detailed review and photos (I'm not even sure which review it was that you posted it on, whether this one or a previous one) that made the decision for us! Sometimes a photo is worth a thousand words. We loved Paradise Beach. We had two teens with us who absolutely loved all the water toys, the iceberg, slides, merry go round, etc. They also parasailed, which was a blast. The food and service were top notch! I also remember you saying your taxi driver drove like a speed demon. Fortunately, we had great taxi drivers both ways.

Thanks again for your detailed reviews. I hope to read more of your cruising adventures, however I thoroughly understand if you are too busy enjoying the summer to post right now!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm bummed you never finished this one. You are definitely one of the most detailed reviewers I have read. And while we aren't sailing the same itinerary as you, it helps to know that about Mahogany Bay and I will definitely be looking to rent one of those Cabana's. I have heard that if you plan to do that, you can't do it prior to boarding so you need to go straight to the excursion desk as soon as you board because they sell out fast.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that Carnival will give you extra consideration if your plane is late but you will still need at least an hour from the time you land to get to the port. We were told that the ships cannot wait very long at the dock for two reasons. They get charged for the overtime needed to keep dock workers there until the sailing and if they are not en route on schedule, they might not have enough time to make their first port. This just happened to us on the Ecstasy in Galveston and we missed or ports due to fog delays.

I would definitely call Carnival and inquire.

At least we were able to be on the ship when it was delayed, it would have been a lot worse to be en route when the ship is diving off.

-Jim

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i think he forgot about us :(

Paul excellent review. I love your reviews. I've read all of them. I almost feel like part of the family watching your family grow, beautiful family.

I know you are working so i'll patiently wait for you to finish.

• 7 months later...

So I found this review by clicking on a link to it while reading a different review. We are finally going to make the big jump after 7 west coast cruises and fly on over to visit the Caribbean.

I was so bummed when I got to page 20 and it just ended! I mean it was so detailed and enjoyable. I hope everything is well with your family and that time just got away with you. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
Thanks for your always great review...and too bad about webshots did...don't know how they could do such a thing and expect to continue doing business with their Smile by Webshots.

CruiseClues,

You can say that again. Hopefully Fotki and Flickr will maintain their sites better than WebShots did.

Archived