Spring break cruise?!?

vrs

have you ever been on a carnival cruise during spring break?!? what is it like?! do they do "spring break" themed things/parties?! are there more drunk people than normal?!?

we'll be going march 27, 2011

any experiences would be great!!! thank you

We were on a "spring break" cruise on the LEGEND out of Tampa last month (3/21-3/28)....

There were 500 kids on board with their families, and we hardly ever saw them! Carnival's kids programs are top rate, and other than meal times, the kids are pretty much kept occupied and out of sight!

There were some college kids onboard, but Carnival's age policies, etc., pretty much restrict the younger ones who generally are the least well behaved.

As far as activities - it's business as usual, week in and week out, no matter what else is going on, so there weren't any spring break specific activities.

Go an enjoy yourself, no matter where you're going, or which ship you're on.....

If you won't be going till the end of March most colleges have already had spring break.We took a Spring Break cruise two years ago at the the end of March.It had a lot of kids plus my own and I never saw or heard about any problems.Would do it again at that time.I once found a website that listed every college and university spring break.So you may try "googling" that.

We were on the Legend March 27-April 4.

There were 700 kids on board and you wouldn't have known it. They were so well behaved when we did see them.

There were college kids and I don't have anything bad to say about them, the ones we saw were very polite and not at all rowdy.

There were a few couples that got married on the ship and there was one bride & groom and thier followers that were drunk a lot and loud. We had to move far away from them during one of the shows so we could hear the show and not them.

I don't remember them doing anything different for the Spring breakers then we have ever done.

I do know my 12 year old dgs tried the Circle C club and when they were supposed to be doing something he said all they did was play video games so he came back and hung with us. He had a ball winning medals and ships on the stick for trivia games, playing mini golf, swimming etc. IMO there are a lot of things to do. When dgs went to bed at night he slept well, he was tired and slept like a baby. (we did too!)

We were on the Legend March 27-April 4.

There were 700 kids on board and you wouldn't have known it. They were so well behaved when we did see them.

There were college kids and I don't have anything bad to say about them, the ones we saw were very polite and not at all rowdy.

There were a few couples that got married on the ship and there was one bride & groom and thier followers that were drunk a lot and loud. We had to move far away from them during one of the shows so we could hear the show and not them.

I don't remember them doing anything different for the Spring breakers then we have ever done.

I do know my 12 year old dgs tried the Circle C club and when they were supposed to be doing something he said all they did was play video games so he came back and hung with us. He had a ball winning medals and ships on the stick for trivia games, playing mini golf, swimming etc. IMO there are a lot of things to do. When dgs went to bed at night he slept well, he was tired and slept like a baby. (we did too!)

Oops, our cruise was March 28-April 4, we spent the night in Tampa March 27. :o

Well for one I see you are going to the Eastern Caribbean which is way calmer than the Western when it comes to spring breakers. The 2 main weeks next year are March 5th-12th, and march 12th-20th, there are a few schools that go the week before the first and the week after the last but those are the two main weeks. You have to worry about little kids more than college kids. Here I got some research done for our cruise next year....

February 28th-March 6th-Spring Break---------------Villanova

February 26th-March 7th-----Spring Break-----------Northeastern

February 28th-March 6th-----Spring Break-----------Western Carolina

February 28th-March 5th----Spring Break------------Duquesne University

Feb. 28 - March 6 Winter Recess-No Classes----Eastern Michigan

No Classes; Spring Break Mon-Fri, Mar 7-11 ---------------NC STATE

March 6-13 Sunday – Sunday-----------------------------------East Carolina

Fri. Mar. 4-Mon. Mar. 14--------------------------------------------UNC

Saturday March 5th - Sunday March 13th-------------------Virginia Tech

Student Recess - no classes Mar 7-12-----------------------UNC-Charlotte

March 7-11 University Break---------------------------------------Appalachian State

March 5th-March 14th---Spring Break--------------------------UNC-Greensboro

March 7-13 Spring Break--------------------------------------------Loyola Maryland

March 5th-13th---Spring Break------------------------------------Wake Forest

March 6 - 13, Sun.-Sun. Spring break - no classes-----University Of South Carolina

Monday March 7th-Monday March 14th---------------------- Campbell University

March 3-March 8------------------------------------------------------------------------Wake Tech

February 26th-March 13th--------------------------------------------Valparaiso University

Spring Break Monday, March 7 -Saturday, March 12----Florida Gulf Coast University

March 7-11, Monday-Friday Spring BreakClasses do not meet-------James Madison

March 6th-13th-----Spring Break------------------------------------Grand Valley State

March 7th -11th----Spring Break--------------------------------------UNC-Asheville

March 5th-13th---Spring Break---------------------------------------Vanderbilt University

March 7th-11th---Spring Break----------------------------------------Xavier

March 6th-14th----Spring Break---------------------------------------Temple University

March 5th-13th----Spring Break----------------------------------------Radford University

March 7th-11th-----Spring Break------------------------------------Florida State

Monday-Sunday, March 7-13----------------------------------Barry University

Spring recess Saturday, March 5 - Sunday, March 13-----------UVA

March 5th-14th-----------------------------------------North Carolina Central

March 5th-13th-Spring Break------------------------ Wingate University

March 6th-13th---Spring Break----------------------University of Pittsburgh

March 7 – 13----Spring Break------------------------Florida Atlantic University

March 7-11 Mid-term break----------------------------Clark University

March 6–13-----------------------------------------------------------------Miami Of Ohio

March 4th-21st--------------------------------------------------Wesleyan University

Mon, 3/7-Fri, 3/11--------------------------------------------------------Michigan State

March 7-12-------------------------------------------------------------------Loyola University Chicago

March 4th -March 12th -------Spring Break----------------------------Edinboro

Spring Break March 7 - 12-------------------------------------------------UCF

Mar 12-20 - Sat-Sun-Spring vacation - no classes------------------------UNC-Wilmington

March 14th-20th-Monday-Sunday Spring Break----------------------------Meredith College

March 12th-21st--------------------------------------------------------------------------Indiana

Monday, March 14 through Friday, March 18, 2011Spring Break-----Coastal Carolina

March 14-18th-M-F------------------------------------------------------------Georgia Southern

March 11th-March 20th---------------------------------------------------------Barton College

March 12th-20th---------------------------------------------------------Providence College

March 14-19 - Spring recess--------------------------------University of New Hampshire

Mar. 12 (Sa) - Mar. 20 (Su)-----------------------------------Harvard

March 14-19 - Monday through Saturday - Spring Vacation -Kentucky

Spring Recess Begins-March 12th-21st-------------------------SUNY Brockport

Monday, Mar 14 - Friday, Mar 18-Spring Recess---------------Columbia

March 12th-20th---SPRING RECESS / INTERSESSION-----University of Miami

Mar-14-18-Mon-Fri-Spring Break Week---------------North Dakota State University

March 11-18 Spring Holidays (begins 5:00 p.m. March 11)------University of Alabama

March 14-18th---------------------------------------------------University Of Minnesota Duluth

march 11-20----------West Pointe

Spring Recess Mon-Sat March 14-19--------University of Southern California

March 14–19 Monday–Saturday Spring break.-----Texas

March 14-19------South Florida Spring Break

Spring Break Mar. 14-18, M-F -------UGA

March 13-20, 2011 – Arizona State Spring Break

March 13-20, 2011 – University of Arizona

Spring Break March 20-27 (Sunday-Sunday) ------------------Maryland University

March 21–25, M–F Spring vacation. No classes--------------Clemson University

March 20-27-----------------------------------------------------------------Towson University

March 19th-March 28th-------------------------------------------------Cornell University

March 21–25, M–F Spring vacation. No classes.-------------UIC

March March 28th-Friday April 1st----------------------------------San Diego State

If you're worried about drunk college students, I think you're okay based on your dates. For various reasons, I don't really think it is a problem anyway. Longer cruises don't tend to appeal to most college students (cost) and the age policies mean you don't get a lot of 18/19 year olds on their own. Plus the drinking age restrictions make it pretty difficult for them to get too far out of hand.

As for school kids, there can be a lot during the school spring breaks. We were on the Conquest last year around the same week that you're going and I think they said that something like 40% of the passengers were under 21 (or something like that -- don't shoot me if I didn't get it exactly right).

But it just made for a great atmosphere. Kids have such enthusiasm. The kids clubs are great and everyone had a good time. The only staggeringly drunk people I saw were 30+ years (actually, more like 40+), but they were generally few and far between.

thank you all!!! this all was A LOT of help! im not worried about drunk people... just... curious lol... and i dont mind kids! i have a one year old :D but it sounds great to me... besides ill be on vacation, in the Caribbean, and with beaches, at the end of winter!!! nothing could be better!!!

thank you all again!

Just FYI. We did "Spring Break" aboard "Miracle" last month. (March '10) It was a GREAT cruise, with only one bunch of spring breakers who went a bit "over the line". They stayed drunk the entire week, but the only thing they ruined IMO, was karaoke. Other than that, it was truly a GREAT cruise, as "Miracle" always is.

Oh yes, as a side note. Word was going around the ship on the final day of the cruise, that this group of kids thought that the cruise was "all inclusive". I'm sure glad I ain't their "daddy". I can imagine what the bar bill was!!!!!

"SKY"

haha well fortunately or unfortunately for yall there are a LOT more college kids cruising for spring break more and more every year. They don't normally get in the way, they have fun at the pool, at the piano bar, disco and late night pizza. You don't normally see them any other time.

just off Spirit and had none of the most talked about issues...running in halls..elevator pushes... overcrowded pools and hot tubs etc. My 10 yr. old DD had a blast in Camp Carnival..Met nothing but polite youngsters.. even bought the fancy chocolate strawbabies and gave to some of the kids performing in talent show just cuz they were do delightful... go and give it a try.. I am no longer worried of the Spring Break Crush

Just off the Destiny on Saturday. There were 1300 kids on board! Yes, they were visible, but honestly, it didn't bother us. Of course, we had our 9-year old son with us though too. I think there are enough spaces on board that you can always get away from or join in on whatever you want.

Just FYI. We did "Spring Break" aboard "Miracle" last month. (March '10) It was a GREAT cruise, with only one bunch of spring breakers who went a bit "over the line". They stayed drunk the entire week, but the only thing they ruined IMO, was karaoke. Other than that, it was truly a GREAT cruise, as "Miracle" always is.

Oh yes, as a side note. Word was going around the ship on the final day of the cruise, that this group of kids thought that the cruise was "all inclusive". I'm sure glad I ain't their "daddy". I can imagine what the bar bill was!!!!!

"SKY"

I can't imagine how they could think that it was all inclusive if every time you order a drink you have to sign for it with the price clearly on there, plus tip.:confused:

Okay - so do they do longer cruises???? I work at University so we always vacation during college breaks. My son and his dad did the four day out of Port Canaveral and it was packed with college kids this year. My son loved it (his 14th birthday)

I booked 6 nights out of Fort Lauderdale next year - I'm suddenly worried. I'm hoping it is above a college student price point. 15 year old birthday boy might have too much fun!

We did the Carnival Conquest last year March 20-something for a week. There were a lot of families cruising for spring break, but I didn't notice very many college kids.

We had a great time. In fact, we are going again in 2011 (we did Cancun this year).

Don't most college kids go to the inexpensive all inclusive resorts, rather than cruise? Seems to me that once you add on the bar bill, cruising is more expensive if you are just there to drink yourself silly most of the time. Besides, the drinking age in Mexico is 18, which is more condusive to college age drinking.

that used to be the logic, but when you can get on a cruise for 458 dollars for 8 nights on the carnival freedom, then your tab at the end of the week is 660 so 1118 isnt that bad when you look at all inclusive at a resort its close to 1500 and you are stuck in the same places. The reason why we keep coming back is because every year we meet more and more people and we meet up the next year. Cruising is actually getting REALLY popular with college kids. Like a previous poster said the 4-5 day ones are the really wild ones. That being said the person who said they are going March 6th, 2011 on the freedom we all are going March 5th, 2011 on the liberty so that answers your question. Thats the first of the main 2 weeks!!

Archived