dressing question

smudgie

if you go to dinner (not formal) can a lady wear nice capris and a blouse or sweater? and a man just wear slacks and a nice shirt?

or do you have to wear a suit and tie for men and dresses for ladies???

if you go to dinner (not formal) can a lady wear nice capris and a blouse or sweater? and a man just wear slacks and a nice shirt?

Depends on where you want to dine on the ship,depends on smart casual night vs. formal night. Need more info. to answer properly. What dining do you have? Traditional or Anytime?

In general yes, you can wear capri's for a women and nice slacks and nice shirt for the men.

Refer to Princess on the website and in their book,it spells it out. Also once onboard The Princess Patter(newsletter) spells it out as well.

Happy cruising what ever you wear.:)

Depends on where you want to dine on the ship,depends on smart casual night vs. formal night. Need more info. to answer properly. What dining do you have? Traditional or Anytime?

In general yes, you can wear capri's for a women and nice slacks and nice shirt for the men.

:)

I think there was enough info to provide an answer as the OP specified non-formal nights, which only leaves smart casual. The dress code is the same for Anytime, Traditional and specialty restaurants, so not sure what more needed to be said. Suits and cocktail dresses are only necessary in the dining rooms on formal night.

My observation is that women tend to wear either long slacks or skirts on informal nights. For men, almost any collared shirt and/or turtleneck works, including polo shirts.

That sweater is usually needed as areas of the dining rooms can be well air-conditioned (and very cool).

Yes perfectly ok, my DH even wore a nice polo and jeans or slacks on non-formal nights. I wore capris or slcaks and a blouse. Of course in the buffet anything but swimsuits goes. :)

Hi,

The first option is absolutely fine! Enjoy your cruise.

After my experience in Spain last summer, it won't be long before men are wearing nice capris to dinner, or even out for a nice night at the theatre in "dress" capris.... it was a bit of a shock to see at first and I am definitely not running out to buy a pair.

Archived