What Deck Should I Choose for a D1 Cabin?

ChuckL

I am currently booked on Deck 6, the Boardwalk Deck in a midship cat D1 cabin with a larger "hump" balcony. I was very pleased when I made my reservation and obtained this cabin (the only choice given for a D1), because of its proximity to the Boardwalk, and closeness to the Promenade Deck (Deck 5) and Central Park (Deck 8). I just looked at available cabins, and virtually all of the same numbered cabins are still available. Should I stay put, or move up the ship (to 7, 8, 12, 14)? What would you do and why?

If I could choose another cabin for my recent Oasis voyage, I would probably choose your deck.

I was on deck 14 and although it was very close to the Windjammer and the pool deck, it was a hassle to get down to the Promenade and Central Park. Elevators were tremendously slow and crowded at certain times, so I often used the stairs for -- oh about -- 6 flights of stairs :D. Good workout.

Oh and the only thing I liked about my deck is that there is a private space in the aft, you walk in and it's a large private balcony overlooking the ocean that was empty most of the time.

I haven't been on the ship yet but have a D1 on deck 11, fairly close to the forward elevators, and am sticking with it. I like the idea of being kind of in-the-middle of everything (pools, Windjammer, Central Park, etc) Nothing is right there but everything is just a few decks away. Besides, I like walking so "getting there" will be part of the fun for me.

We booked on deck 12. I'm hoping we did not make a mistake. I figure either way being lower or higher you are still going to have to walk. I'm thinking we will want to be closer to the windjammer and pool area. Kinda forgot about the lower decks...was just looking for a deck that where all rooms will be quiet.

I think it would just depend on what you want to be close to. We are on deck 7, mid ship, D1 category and we are between the boardwalk and central park...and two decks away from the Royal Promenade. We figured we would spend a lot of times on these decks so that's why we chose it.

If I could choose another cabin for my recent Oasis voyage, I would probably choose your deck.

I was on deck 14 and although it was very close to the Windjammer and the pool deck, it was a hassle to get down to the Promenade and Central Park. Elevators were tremendously slow and crowded at certain times, so I often used the stairs for -- oh about -- 6 flights of stairs :D. Good workout.

Oh and the only thing I liked about my deck is that there is a private space in the aft, you walk in and it's a large private balcony overlooking the ocean that was empty most of the time.

I'm tending to think that we will probably stay put. It seems we will be in the center of four decks of activity, and will just have to accept that it will take a while to get to the pool deck:cool: and back.

• 2 weeks later...
if i could choose another cabin for my recent oasis voyage, i would probably choose your deck.

I was on deck 14 and although it was very close to the windjammer and the pool deck, it was a hassle to get down to the promenade and central park. Elevators were tremendously slow and crowded at certain times, so i often used the stairs for -- oh about -- 6 flights of stairs :d. Good workout.

Oh and the only thing i liked about my deck is that there is a private space in the aft, you walk in and it's a large private balcony overlooking the ocean that was empty most of the time.

was there a problem with the overhang above the balcony?

I am currently booked on Deck 6, the Boardwalk Deck in a midship cat D1 cabin with a larger "hump" balcony. I was very pleased when I made my reservation and obtained this cabin (the only choice given for a D1), because of its proximity to the Boardwalk, and closeness to the Promenade Deck (Deck 5) and Central Park (Deck 8). I just looked at available cabins, and virtually all of the same numbered cabins are still available. Should I stay put, or move up the ship (to 7, 8, 12, 14)? What would you do and why?

If you are a Diamond member I would stick with deck 6 because that's where the Diamond Lounge is so you can get great coffee in the morning and drinks in the evenings. Also you'll spend a lot of time at the Promenade deck getting all those delicious free snacks.

Archived