Fridge

dalitos

Keep in mind it is a cooler rather than a fridge - the difference being that it will cool down the termperature of what is kept inside, but it does not get nearly as cold as a true fridge. It is fine for storing snacks or beverages, but if you are planning on using it for medications that need to be kept below a certain temperature, it might not be suitable.

I wouldn't even call it a cooler. We went through 3 fridges during our 11 days on the Equinox, the last one being delivered on day 9 and even then it was not cooling the water very well. The first two didn't work at all. DH is a diabetic and needs to keep his insulin in the fridge. We did ask for something to keep the insulin in but that was never delivered even though I put the request through prior to the cruise.

Keep in mind it is a cooler rather than a fridge - the difference being that it will cool down the termperature of what is kept inside, but it does not get nearly as cold as a true fridge. It is fine for storing snacks or beverages, but if you are planning on using it for medications that need to be kept below a certain temperature, it might not be suitable.

I wouldn't even call it a cooler. We went through 3 fridges during our 11 days on the Equinox, the last one being delivered on day 9 and even then it was not cooling the water very well. The first two didn't work at all. DH is a diabetic and needs to keep his insulin in the fridge. We did ask for something to keep the insulin in but that was never delivered even though I put the request through prior to the cruise.

Do you have any suggestions as to what we can do now to be able to keep DH's insulin cold - we are cruising in June. I would appreciate any information that you could provide.

Thank you for the replies. This is what I remember from our RCI cruise but wasn't sure it would be the same on X.

We need the fridge/cooler mainly for toddler stuff (milk, yogurt, etc.)

Contact Celebrity maam, alert them to this vital medical need for youall. They will walk you through it. Also bring a small fridge thermometer so as to check the in cabin one.

Carry a small coldchest like for water too with ice etc.. that should suffice if you take day trips etc...

:cool:

Do you have any suggestions as to what we can do now to be able to keep DH's insulin cold - we are cruising in June. I would appreciate any information that you could provide.

Contact Celebrity maam, alert them to this vital medical need for youall. They will walk you through it. Also bring a small fridge thermometer so as to check the in cabin one.

Carry a small coldchest like for water too with ice etc.. that should suffice if you take day trips etc...

:cool:

Call Celebrity and mention that you need a small refrigerator for DH's insulin, they will also provide you a shards container for the used needles. When we got onboard we did not have the extra fridge as requested, but didn't make a fuss as we felt the one supplied in the room would suffice until we realized it was not even cool. I ordered some limes from room service the first day and after being in the fridge for two days they had gone mouldy, so that tells you how cold the fridge really is.

From Celebrity's website...

What if I have special needs?

Subject: Special Needs, Medical/Physical

Celebrity welcomes guests with special needs and works hard to assist you throughout your vacation.

To receive appropriate assistance, be sure to notify our Access Department in writing (fax: 954-628-9622; email: special_needs@celebrity.com).

Please be sure to let us know of any special medical or physical needs you have, as well as any other relevant information, including wheelchair characteristics, as early as possible. This will help us provide you with the best vacation experience possible.

The physician on board has always suggested to my husband that he keep his supply down with them in the infirmary.

This is off the Celebrity website:

All staterooms onboard have a mini-bar in the stateroom for your use.

If you do not wish to use your stateroom min-bar, you may contact the medical infirmary for proper storage. You should fax your needs to Celebrity Special Services Dept. at 1-800-882-8292.

Archived