Serenade Port vs Starboard

I was wondering if anyone could tell me which side the Serenade docked at either Starboard ® or Port (L) Side at 1. St. Thomas, 2. St. Kitts, 3. St. Croix, 4. Dominica, and 5. Barbados? Also, which side is facing the dock in San Juan? We have Starboard ® Cabin & hope we made right choice! Thanks.....................:)

C/BB

It varies...they can either "pull" into dock or "back" in....and once, in SJ. we were berthed right next to another ship, so our view was of the Carnival passengers....there's just no way to tell which direction, or which "slip" the ship will use.

Book the best location, regardless of the "side" of the ship! If what you need to see isn't visible from your balcony, then go to an open deck for all-around great views!

We are doing a B2B on the Serenade in Oct. Our cabin is on starboard side for both cruises. Chose this cabin because we could stay in it for both cruises and it was a D1 balcony mid-ship. Hope we made the right choice!!

San Juan - Serenade always docks port-side on the pier, starboard is out facing the harbor and the city. At the Pan Am pier, they dock aft to aft with Celebrity Summit at the Pan Am pier; Summit docks starboard side to the pier. As someone already mentioned, in other ports it can vary.

We did this route Jan 23 2010. If I can remember right this is how we docked:

San Juan-Port side on the pier

St. Thomas-Starboard side on the pier (Havensight mall on starboard side) (only ship in St. Thomas!)

St. Croix-Port side on the pier (only ship)

St. Kitts-Port side on the pier (Silver Spirit at anchor)

Dominica-Port side on the pier (just one dock, other side faces ocean) (only ship)

Barbados-Port side on the pier (Celebrity Summit on starboard side)

We were is GS 1552. So, when we were docked, we usually had a good view. Hope this helps. I know these things always change, depending on how many ships are in port.

There is NO WAY you can rely on past docking patterns as a predictor of what might happen in the future, there are just way too many variables.

And..... honestly, it really doesn't matter. I'm guessing that you plan on getting off the ship at each of the ports so other than your first glimpse in the morning, you probably won't see that view very much.

Have a great cruise, and don't worry about it. :)

It varies...they can either "pull" into dock or "back" in....and once, in SJ. we were berthed right next to another ship, so our view was of the Carnival passengers....there's just no way to tell which direction, or which "slip" the ship will use.

Book the best location, regardless of the "side" of the ship! If what you need to see isn't visible from your balcony, then go to an open deck for all-around great views!

Our friend CB once again answers a question in order to build up a post count and offers an opinion without direct in-person knowledge of a situation. Got to get with the program CB, of course you can only pull in or back in.

On our B2B on Serenade in January we went to these ports and we were the only ship in port that day.

We always pulled in bow first.

Here's my degree of recollection of how it lined up with the dock on this side:

100% means I have pictures to back it up, less means I have a mental image of disembarking and walking up the pier.

St. Thomas: Starboard 100% (only way it can be)

St. Croix: Port 90%

St. Kitts: Starboard 100%

Domenica: Port 100%

Barbados: Port 80%

In San Juan the ship is docked port side to Pan American Pier. Carnival does not dock at the Pan American pier when the RCI and Celebrity ships

are in.

As one of the posters mentioned when there are other ships in port this is not as precictable as one might think.

Archived