HAL - Diaper/Potty Training Requirements?

Tggrtoes

Does anyone know what the specifics are? I thought they were like RCI and required full potty training (including buttoning up, wiping, etc.). But, my recent post on NCL vs. Carnival due to not being potty trained had a HAL suggestion.

Is this an option? We're working on potty training, but I highly doubt he'll be completely self sufficient for awhile.

We will be sailing on HAL next month for the first time. We also thought they they must be totally self sufficient to be able to use club HAL. However, HAL does have in cabin sitting, so maybe that was what the poster meant.

Not sure what the other poster was talking about, because HAL does not allow non-potty trained children in Club HAL.

From HAL's webpage:

Club HAL® — Kids*: Children, ages 3-7, can participate in such activities as story telling, fabric painting, indoor games, arts and crafts, drawing contests, ice-cream sundae parties, puzzles, bingo, pirate treasure hunts or a farewell pizza party. Children in the Kid's age group must be toilet trained. Children in pull-ups or diapers are not allowed in the youth facilities, due to mandates from US Public Health. Exceptions to this rule cannot be made.

Eurodam - Nov 08 (age 7M, 2, 4, 4,)

Westerdam - Nov 09 (age 1.5, 3, 5,5)

To get into Club HAL w/o parents, the kids have to be 3. They check.

The kids have to be fully potty trained, be able to wash hands, zip up, handle #1, #2, etc. Have to do it all themselves if you intend to leave they child at Club HAL. The Club staff does not take care of any of that.

I've seen an incident where a boy soiled himself #1 and he was running around in wet underwear and his soiled shorts were on the bathroom floor and the staff didn't even pick up and put it in a plastic bag. There were only 6 or 7 kids in the Club so it wasn't like they were busy. They just left it there. This may be just one case but I saw that case. I made sure my kids were all 110% able to care for themselves. We didn't leave them there for more than an hour or 90 mins per day.

Archived