How Late Can I Disembark

AussieVoyager

My question is the opposite of many that I see about disembarkation times. Rather than knowing how early I can disembark, I would like to know how LATE I can disembark from Queen Victoria after an early-morning arrival in New York from Southampton? That is, how long can I stay on board before they throw me over the side?

My apartment won't be ready early in the morning, and I'd like to stay on the ship as late as possible so as avoid hanging around with my luggage!

My question is the opposite of many that I see about disembarkation times. Rather than knowing how early I can disembark, I would like to know how LATE I can disembark from Queen Victoria after an early-morning arrival in New York from Southampton? That is, how long can I stay on board before they throw me over the side?

My apartment won't be ready early in the morning, and I'd like to stay on the ship as late as possible so as avoid hanging around with my luggage!

You are required to be out of your cabin by 08:30 at the latest.

Immigration will require that you leave the ship fairly early - I would not expect that you would be able to remain for much later than 10:00, if you are lucky. With this aspect of it, Cunard have no control whatsoever.

You are required to be out of your cabin by 08:30 at the latest.

Immigration will require that you leave the ship fairly early - I would not expect that you would be able to remain for much later than 10:00, if you are lucky. With this aspect of it, Cunard have no control whatsoever.

Cunard have you out of your cabin EARLy, then you sit in a public room, until the number Cunard have given you is announced then you have to leave the ship.

Instance my flight JFK was 1.30p.m, but I had to "get off" at 9a.m with a Cunard transfer I was at Terminal 4 JFK by 11, and then just sat around until boarding time. Saw many other Cunard passengers doing same thing.

This is not a Cunard thing, every cruise line I have travelled does this, once the cruise is over , they are forcussed on the incoming passengers and we the outgoing are regarded as "impediments"

Aint it the truth Lynn, the Magic of the cruise ends at 8:30 when we leave our rooms. With your B2B2B, you avoid that at least two times. Because unloading bags puts you at the mercy of the NYC union ground staff, getting off has always been ragged with some colors ( and they use colors and numbers, such as red no 1 ) being 15 to 30 minutes later than expectations.

On our disembarkation in Southampton in October, they now move you to specific areas of the ship, and it seemed a lot smoother. Lets hope that was a sign of future progress.

I think everyone must be off by 10:30, but by the time one clears the baggage hall, customs and immigration it will be 11:15 or later, and then getting a taxi means the poster could be in Manhattan by 12:15 or 1:00 depending on where the apartment is.

Aussie Voyager should be fine to request a 10:00 departure.

Mike

Thanks for all the advice. As we are on QV I am assuming we (and QE as well) will be docking at the Manhattan piers on the West Side. QM2 will be in Brooklyn at the same time. My apartment will be on the Upper East Side so it won't be a long journey from the ship.

Eugene, I must have missed the point that you are on the QV, though you clearly said so. You will miss the longer travel from Red Hook, Brooklyn, which is nice, but you luck out on the taxi issue as the Manhattan cruise terminal on the two occasions I have used it, seems to have trouble getting enough taxis up for all the people who need them, but you should arrive in time to get the apt, with out much of a wait.

Mike.

Archived