Why is it so hard for them to find my past guest #?

md10074

I know I haven't sailed with Carnival in 15 years, but my PVP had no problem pulling up my past guest number with my birthdate. Stupid me, I should have asked him what the number was.

I want to put the info on my account in Carnival's website so i called customer service last night to find out what the numbers were. The girl really tried to help and she eventually found numbers, but it took forever. Plus we had a horrible connection and I could hardly hear her.

So I tried to put my husband's number in and it won't take it. It seems to have taken mine. So now I have to call them yet again to ask what his number is. Don't know why I care what the number is because they do have us down as past guests, but still, I want to know the right number.

It may have something to do with the spelling of your name. It seems every time we go on a cruise someone in our party has their name spelled wrong. Carnival assigns them a new number. Some people will tell you it does not matter, but you will not get credit for the # of cruises you have taken and you will be a newbie again. And it creates problems with your credit card and security.

I always make sure they spell my name correctly, no matter how many emails it takes.

Looking it up according to your birthdate is always a good bet.

It was the name. I called again and the girl who answered sounded like she thought I was nuts because she said "it's already there", but she found it in 10 seconds this time.:confused: The number was the same as the other girl told me, but after I added back the apostrophe in our last name, then it took the number!

It was nice to be able to see our last cruise on the list, and after we take this one, I can't wait to see this one listed too. Yeah, I'm weird like that LOL.

And if you keep your Sail & Sign cards as souvenirs, you will never have to look up your number again, because it is on the card...EM

I know for a fact that I have the cards from last time because I never throw things like that away, but of course I couldn't find it.

And if you keep your Sail & Sign cards as souvenirs, you will never have to look up your number again, because it is on the card...EM

Sorry to hijack but I've been wondering about this, I have my sail & sign card but I'm not sure if/where my # is on there. I've been trying to register it for my next cruise and when I go on there it says it has no record of my husband or myself. Can anyone tell me if its on my card? It is from my 1st carnival cruise. Thanx in advance!

Ramona

We recently discovered that my FIL and my DS's accounts got switched up.

My FIL had my son's name on his account, his address, and my son's birthday and no past cruises.

My son's account had seven past cruises (he only has one) and my FIL's birthdate.

It took a while and several iterations to get everything straight.

My account had a different person's name, address and birthdate but had the correct number of cruises. Carnival was able to get it straight after a while on the phone. I needed it fixed so that I could fill out my funpass.

This all happened in the last 2 or 3 weeks.

I recommend everyone go on-line and check their Carnival account to make sure everything is correct.

Sorry to hijack but I've been wondering about this, I have my sail & sign card but I'm not sure if/where my # is on there. I've been trying to register it for my next cruise and when I go on there it says it has no record of my husband or myself. Can anyone tell me if its on my card? It is from my 1st carnival cruise. Thanx in advance!

Ramona

Your guest # (Past Guest #) doesn't appear on your first card, because you aren't a past guest yet. But it will be on all of the subsequent cards. EM

[Ok thanks, I thought so! :) so how do I find out my past guest # then?

You'll need to call Carnival to get it. It took them forever to figure out mine too, but they'll eventually find it. I had 2 past guest numbers, because I lived elsewhere during my first cruise. They had to work at combining the numbers, so that I'd have full credit for all my cruises. Once you've got your number, set yourself up a username and password on Carnival's website (if you haven't already), and put in your past guest number. You can then look under your profile and verify that everything, including cruise history, is correct.

You'll need to call Carnival to get it. It took them forever to figure out mine too, but they'll eventually find it. I had 2 past guest numbers, because I lived elsewhere during my first cruise. They had to work at combining the numbers, so that I'd have full credit for all my cruises. Once you've got your number, set yourself up a username and password on Carnival's website (if you haven't already), and put in your past guest number. You can then look under your profile and verify that everything, including cruise history, is correct.

Ok, thanks for your help! I guess I will just have to call then. :)

Ramona

I had the same problem only I had just gone on a cruise in October. When I called with questions, they wanted to know my PG number and then proceeded to tell me it was wrong (I DON'T THINK SO). Then she decided to "fix" it, and started overwriting my friend's (cabin mate's) number. Once I realized that she was changing addresses, names, cc numbers, etc, I put a stop to it and made her back out her overwrites. She finally found my correct number and name (it was there for 14 years) and so far (fingers crossed) it seems to be okay.

The original reason I had called was the website wouldn't allow me to complete my online paperwork.

Another note: When we received our S&S cards they had assigned my friend's picture and CC to me and my picture and cc to her. We didn't realize it until I attempted to make a purchase in the gift shop and her name came up. Took 4 attempts by security and guest services to correct it. Before they got it corrected, they stopped us twice getting back on the ship! Every time they thought they had it fixed, it wasn't and I think that error spilled over to the website PG info.

Archived