New Progressive Lenses & Cruising Question

UpstateCruizer

Then the optician didn't measure your eyes correctly; this would determine how large (or small) the particular "lens" would be. When I got my present pair of glasses, the optician told me to wear them for a couple of days and see what you think about them. She didn't tell me why, at that point, she was concerned. When I got home and sat down at my computer I realized what she was talking about. To see what's on the computer screen I had to tilt my head back and read the computer screen through the bottom portion of my glasses.

I went back in the next day. She, the optician, said that my middle-distance portion of the lenses was measured incorrectly. So I got my new-new glasses a few days later and they were fine.

Based on your response, I think a trip back to my optician is in order!!

Thanks!!

It only took me a few days also to get used to the progressive lenses. Did you get sunglasses also? I really do like the progressive lenses in my sunglasses.

As long as you can read the drink specials! :p

I was able to get a pair of snap -on sunglasses the same place I bought my progressives. Some of the frames came with sunglasses and I got a fit to size set at Costco for about $8CDN.

I've worn glasses since measles in childhood, and usually have no probs with a new prescription, and wear this year's, last year's....no big deal. But varifoculs- no way! I had 4 falls with one pair, one quite bad. When I went for a change back to bifocals, my optician said, in his experience, 1 in 4 can't wear them. OH has no problems.

I use the same optician each time, and walk around with my prescription for a few days, looking for a good deal. This year we got new frames and lens for both of us together for £140.- the eye test was free as we're over 60. Worth hunting!;)

Jo.

Archived