Vancouver Hotels and Priceline

The Canada Line will drop you about three blocks from the Hyatt - you will want the Vancouver City Center Station - then it's a short three level blocks to the Hyatt - I am seeing more and more people with luggage on the streets since Canada Line started.

From the hotel to Canada Place is about 6 easy downhill blocks to Canada Place.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

I have never used priceline before. If i make a bid for a hotel are we paying for it at that time? Can we cancel?

Any advise using priceline would be great.

I am booked now at the Holiday Inn Express on Hastings Streat but would love to be closer to the downtown area.

Thanks,

Mary

Ut is correct but if I could just add, you need to click on the bidding screen, enter Vancouver, BC, your dates and then click on "Downtown-Vancouver" which as I recall is #4. Then start your bidding ...likely at the 3 or 3.5*+level. I would suggest an openning bid of about $75 and after that it is up to you how high youu want to go. I now use it frequently and am very happy with it.

We just got 4 rooms at the Renaissance Harborside 4 stars downtown on Priceline for $87/night plus taxes on May 6-8, 2010. Total comes to $103/night. Their website shows $229/night plus taxes for a total of $264/night. Sounds like a pretty good deal.

Anyone know anything about this hotel? It sounds convenient to the pier.

What good restaurants are around it?

Convenient to the hop on hop off bus?

Hi, I amswered most of this on your other post, however the Blue Loop of the Vancouver Trolley stops right out in front of the hotel on Hastings St. Yes, you are about a short 4 block walk to Canada Place. Hope you have a great time in our city.:)

We just got 4 rooms at the Renaissance Harborside 4 stars downtown on Priceline for $87/night plus taxes on May 6-8, 2010. Total comes to $103/night. Their website shows $229/night plus taxes for a total of $264/night. Sounds like a pretty good deal.

Anyone know anything about this hotel? It sounds convenient to the pier.

What good restaurants are around it?

Convenient to the hop on hop off bus?

If you don't mind,could you tell me what * rating and how much was your original bid? We"re trying to get a room for June 16th. from pricline without any luck. I bid up to $92 already but cannot get a room.

Evidently the closer you get to the date you want to book the better the prices are. I have been trying for a 4* hotel for 10/01 and bid all the way up to $160 a night and no win.

I've decided not to bid that high any more so now my bids are quite a bit lower but still no wins.

I'll just keep trying because we have a few months to get a room.

I'm also looking for a harbourview room in Vancouver, and have been watching the forums biddingfortravel dot com and betterbidding dot com. Prices don't go down until a few weeks before the date of arrival. Probably will make a "backup" cancelable reservation at a lower-cost hotel.

Dave

I'm also looking for a harbourview room in Vancouver, and have been watching the forums biddingfortravel dot com and betterbidding dot com. Prices don't go down until a few weeks before the date of arrival. Probably will make a "backup" cancelable reservation at a lower-cost hotel.

Dave

That is probably a good plan....and good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely prices available for bidding on Priceline go way down the closer to your date you are planning to arrive. That's because the hotels are basically trying to fill empty rooms by using Priceline and other bidding services ... and they don't really know whether those rooms are going unpurchased until near the date. In the past I have bid on the same day (in San Francisco) and was given a last-minute truly amazing deal.

I realize with plans for a trip such as yours, waiting too long can cause a lot of anxiety. My suggestion would be to book a hotel that is acceptable to you, and then wait until a few days before your arrival in Vancouver to try Priceline for a low bid on a 4 star downtown. Make sure the initial hotel rervations can be canceled with no penalty, which is standard with 24 hours notice.

I just got Hyatt via Priceline for $120. Booked 2 rooms. A little higher than some of you have mentioned, but I am happy to have that stress behind me. We get off of the Radiance on Friday morning, July 16. Am assuming a taxi from the ship to the Hyatt is the best transportation? There are 5 of us. We plan to do the HOHO on Friday as well as Capalino Bridge. Do we need to purchase the tickets ahead of time or just wait til we get there. Thanks so much in advance for your wonderful advice!

I just got Hyatt via Priceline for $120. Booked 2 rooms. A little higher than some of you have mentioned, but I am happy to have that stress behind me. We get off of the Radiance on Friday morning, July 16. Am assuming a taxi from the ship to the Hyatt is the best transportation? There are 5 of us. We plan to do the HOHO on Friday as well as Capalino Bridge. Do we need to purchase the tickets ahead of time or just wait til we get there. Thanks so much in advance for your wonderful advice!

A $120 for the Hyatt in July is more than we were hearing about last year but I had to go to $112 for May 8th...so... The hotel is great, the rooms have all been redone and the location in my mind is "centre ice".

HOHO tickets can be purchased when you get here but there are some discounts if you book online.

You can cab it from Canada Place to the hotel, walk it...about 6 blocks or take SkyTrain from Waterfront Station to the Burrard Station which will bring you to Royal Centre which connects to the Hyatt. By the way there is not a bad Chinese restaurant in Royal Centre called the Victoria....5 of you could likely have dinner for $60 to $75.

Yes, it was a Priceline bid for a 4-star hotel. I had tried several days earlier and got turned down at a higher rate. They e-mailed me back a few days later and encouraged me to try again. I waited a few more days, and got the goods! It was my first try at Priceline. Now I just need to make sure they will give us a room w/ 2 beds!

We've been trying to bid a room for June 16th. in the downtown area for some time now without any luck. Tried for a 4* and 3 1/2* up to $98.00 and still not accepted. Is anything going on there that I might not no about?

We've been trying to bid a room for June 16th. in the downtown area for some time now without any luck. Tried for a 4* and 3 1/2* up to $98.00 and still not accepted. Is anything going on there that I might not no about?

Prices are just up this year, we aren't hearing of some of the great deals that were being had last year...in fact I haven't heard of a sucessful bid of under a $100 yet this season. Anything under $120 seems to be a win right now but stay tuned...we are going to have 25% fewer sailings this year, we have had a lot of new hotels rooms added to inventory over the past few years and there is still a global recession going on.

I just got the Sheraton Wall Centre for $109, Aug. 5-7 on Hotwire. I had done my research and was pretty sure that's what we were going to get. This was after many rejected tries on Priceline. First time trying both of them.

Also, I was able to put in the real number of people, 3, including a child, so that I'm assured of two beds. Can't do that on Priceline. I'm pretty happy with it.

I am a planner, and it makes me too anxious to not have a room booked!:o

$109 for a room in Downtown Vancouver in August is a greart rate..it is nice to see that room rates seem to be moderating in Vancouver, I thought they would, it has just taken longer than I thought.:)

I just got the Sheraton Wall Centre for $109, Aug. 5-7 on Hotwire. I had done my research and was pretty sure that's what we were going to get. This was after many rejected tries on Priceline. First time trying both of them.

Also, I was able to put in the real number of people, 3, including a child, so that I'm assured of two beds. Can't do that on Priceline. I'm pretty happy with it.

I am a planner, and it makes me too anxious to not have a room booked!:o

I am a planner also but got burned this time when I booked early on Holland America, my cruise tour dropped $1,200 after final payment and guess what, Holland America doesn't honor price drops like other cruise lines.

• 1 month later...

I know that HAL honors pricedrops before final payments are due, but I don't know of a single cruiseline that will do so AFTER the final payment is due. This is how they fill the ship without having to take a total loss. Which cruiselines will pricedrop after final payments?

Archived