Questions On St Kitts / St Luica

spotdog32

First time to St Kits and St Luica does anybody have any suggestions??? Also are they wheelchair friendly ports please let us know

I can only comment on St Kitts as we were re-routed from St Lucia to Grand Turk.

Don't really know what you're into, but we went to Cockleshell Beach for most of the day. Decent little beach with a restaurant/bar, huge tame pig, and monkeys.

Try the port of call section and you may get some more ideas.

St Kitts - We went on the Fan-Ta-Sea catamaran excursion offered by Carnival. It was tons of fun. The catamaran was immaculate, the crew were so friendly and fun and the food & drinks were delicious! We had plenty of time to snorkle and then partied our way to Cockleshell beach where we stayed for about an hour before heading back to the ship. Would do it again in a heartbeat! The only downside was that you spent the whole day on the catamaran and didn't get to see any of St. Kitts.

St. Lucia - We did a Spencer Ambrose tour. I can't say enough nice things about his tour. We saw so much, learned so much, and you are with a small group so it is very personalized. You can learn more about Spencer and his tours in the Port of Call - St. Lucia board.

Have fun planning! :D

The port areas of both stops are paved and getting around in a wheelchair would not be a problem.

In St. Lucia I went scuba diving then my wife and I browsed the stores near the cruise center when I got back.

St. Kitts we took a taxi to Cockleshell beach. There is wooden ramp that leads from the beach bar to the beach.

I am not a beach person so we did the Brimstone Hill Fortress tour in St Kitts. The fort is very interesting and it is a great place to take pictures of the fort and surrounding area. It is a good size area with much to see and goes back 300 years.

On a previous cruise, we did the Scenic Rail Tour and that is also a good tour. It circles most of the island along the beaches.

They say a pictures is worth a 1,000 words. If you want to see pictures of both tours, see me an E-mail and I will send pictures. You won't have to do any down loading because I will use one of the viewing web sites.

richfret@comcast.net

We did a rainforest tour in St Kitts with a private company (MyIslands), and it was fantastic! We finished the day at Cockleshell beach.

However, the excursion was not wheelchair friendly, as we hiked up a Ghaut (river bed) in the forest.

My in-laws did the train tour and enjoyed it.

We had 5 ports, and St. Kitts was our favorite of the cruise, and one of our favorites ever.

Archived