Sabatinis

smudgie

it is an event

if your idea of a served dinner is half hour to an hour you will be in the wrong place but you are probably used to being in the wrong place

no offense, just seems you eat quickly

They just bring out small courses each time & then disappear for 20 minutes leaving you to sit there eating bread & having another drink. Other than actually eating the main course it involves mostly waiting. We're very impatient to begin with & could easily finish the complete meal in 1 1/2 hours so it was torture to us dragging the whole process out.

The most aggravating part about the 2 1/2 to 3 hour meal is not getting to the show lounge to get a seat. Plan on doing it on a night when they repeat a show or you just don't care to see it. They don't open until 6 PM on most ships & the shows usually start at around 8:15 or so.

We did not have excessive time between courses. As we ended one course another was brought immediately. Different experiences on different ships perhaps?

Here is a link to the day of our blog that we ate dinner at Sabatini's. Pictures included and most menu items.

Sabatini’s Dinner http://thegeomonkeys.com/2010/02/friday-february-12-2010-sea-day/

Yes, it was about 3 hours for dinner, but quite an event and wonderful time for us. We were on the Golden Princess if that makes any difference at all.

What an odd statement. :confused:

Duck...thanks for sharing. It brought back nice memories of the dinner we had at Sabatini's quite a few years ago. Maybe we will try it again next time.

Smudgie, I would highly recommend the crown grill too.

well since you dont know me J!M how would you know if I eat quick????

What a rude thing to say to someone!!!

I was just asking a question!

Your question was legit.

So don't take it to heart what one person said. :cool::rolleyes:

Last year on our cruise we wanted to try Sabatinis.

We found out certain times and days were fully booked.

If you do tend to go, I would suggest booking on the first day at see.

That way you're guaranteed the time and day of your liking.

On our own personal thought of dining at Sabatini's

my DH & I thought it wasn't worth the time nor the extra expense.

We won't eat there again.

We found the food served in the main dining and service better than the specialty restaurant.

We might eat at the Crown Grill on our 7\11 cruise.

Read more positive reviews at this restaurant.

We did not have excessive time between courses. As we ended one course another was brought immediately. Different experiences on different ships perhaps?

Here is a link to the day of our blog that we ate dinner at Sabatini's. Pictures included and most menu items.

Sabatini’s Dinner http://thegeomonkeys.com/2010/02/friday-february-12-2010-sea-day/

Yes, it was about 3 hours for dinner, but quite an event and wonderful time for us. We were on the Golden Princess if that makes any difference at all.

Wow......If it took you 3 hours to eat the complete meal & they brought the next one immediately you must be a v e r y s l o w eater. My wife is one of the slowest eaters I know & even she was bored to death waiting for each course.

I was reading somewhere they said that dining at Sabatinis is very long, I dont understand how it can take hours for dinner, appy salad then mail dish..

what am I missing hahaha :rolleyes:

It is not your typical Italian cuisine per say. My suggestion, give it a try; at least for the experience. We love eating there. Some do not. But at least they've tried it. Most of the waiters there are actually from Italy. If they are up to it, they will explain to your the cultural diversity in Italian cuisine from one region to another. Just as them.

I was not impressed with the steak house on our last cruise. The wife actually liked it. I may go back and give it a second try.

Wow......If it took you 3 hours to eat the complete meal & they brought the next one immediately you must be a v e r y s l o w eater. My wife is one of the slowest eaters I know & even she was bored to death waiting for each course.

We didn't find long waits between courses either of the two times we dined at Sabatinis and our meal lasted a bit over 2 1/2 hours. And I can assure you my son and husband are definitely not slow eaters! We found that each course was promptly served and our plates were barely empty when we were getting the next course. However, there were many, many courses and that does take time. It is not a meal designed to be rushed, but we never felt bored. We almost always seemed to have food in front of us. The only time there was a slight pause in the action was when we waited briefly for our main course to be served and for our dessert and tea to be served following dinner. Honestly at those points I was glad for a bit of a break in the unending chain of food that was parading in front of me! It is definitely an experience!

We didn't find long waits between courses either of the two times we dined at Sabatinis and our meal lasted a bit over 2 1/2 hours. And I can assure you my son and husband are definitely not slow eaters! We found that each course was promptly served and our plates were barely empty when we were getting the next course. However, there were many, many courses and that does take time. It is not a meal designed to be rushed, but we never felt bored. We almost always seemed to have food in front of us. The only time there was a slight pause in the action was when we waited briefly for our main course to be served and for our dessert and tea to be served following dinner. Honestly at those points I was glad for a bit of a break in the unending chain of food that was parading in front of me! It is definitely an experience!

It's all in the perception of things. I get inpatient waiting for the in the main dining room for the whole meal (and that's 1 1/2 hours) so I'm obviously not the type of person for the long drawn out affair of either Sabatini's or Crown Grille. :D

well since you dont know me J!M how would you know if I eat quick????

What a rude thing to say to someone!!!

I was just asking a question!

Perhaps J!M is in need of a cruise...

There are two approaches to this type of dinning and a lot depends on the occasion and size of table. If you are with a group of fellow passengers who are enjoying one another's company along with the food then the length of time is not so important. They serve far too much food but it's the company that matters

On the other hand if you are but a couple and you wish to try something special on the menu, you are none the less subjected to the ritual of multiple courses. We will only attend now if there is a group of us. I suppose you could ask to eliminated some of the courses and get to the main entree but I'm not sure if that would work.

I was reading somewhere they said that dining at Sabatinis is very long, I dont understand how it can take hours for dinner, appy salad then mail dish..

what am I missing hahaha :rolleyes:

We enjoy eating in Sabatini's. This is intended to be an eating experience which is why it takes the time to complete the meal. As the courses are served, a good server will present the dish and give you the time to enjoy, as well as have some discussion of the course. I and my DW recently experienced the Fleur de Lis at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. The courses served and the wine pairings would bring a foodie to tears of delight. I think we may have spent 3-4 hours there including pre meal drinks. While there is no comparison between the two in quality and presentation, the value at Sabatini's is a tremendous one for this style dining. If you go, make the connection with your server and enjoy the experience for what it is.:)

We are really looking forward to at least one dinner at Sabatinis - your pics and descriptions have only whetted my appetite. Is it quite easy to get a booking?

Don't be afraid to say No to one or more of the courses, even at the risk of "offending" the wonderful Sabatini's waiters who will try to lay a guilt trip on you about how Grandma has been working all day in the kitchen and is going to be so upset if you don't eat or at least try everything she has been preparing. Grandma will get over it! :) We learned the hard way to say "We'd like to...but NO". We were full -- Thanksgiving full if you know what I mean -- long before the entree arrived. Go and enjoy -- and take however long you want to eat.

We are really looking forward to at least one dinner at Sabatinis - your pics and descriptions have only whetted my appetite. Is it quite easy to get a booking?

Sabatini's is one of our first stops after we board and get our carry on bags in the cabin. They will help you plan your dining around things such as formal nights. It doesn't always book fast, but we take no chances. Also, you may want to consider trying out the "Chef's Table". That one does book fast and often there is a waiting list. Check at the pursers desk for that. We've never done Chef's Table but it is next on our list.

There was a gentleman on our cruise that ate every night in

Sabatini's. He felt it was the best meal on the ship (except the Chef's Table) and he ordered one main course and told them which appetizers he wanted that night, so he ended up with a standard sized meal and only took him an hour to hour and a half to eat each evening.

They will do whatever you want. We sampled the entire meal and from now on will specify exactly what we want to eat that night.

No problem getting a reservation. We booked on formal nights so we wouldn't have to dress up and still receive excellent service.

Archived