Carnival - Food Allergies?

BalconyBreeze

Hi,

I just sailed the NCL Sky and thought they did an incredible job in preparing meals for our 4 year old son with food allergies. Basically we would meet with the Maitre D either the day before or the meal before and pre-order a meal for him. We would arrive for dinner and meet with the Maitre D again and let them know we would be coming back in about 20 minutes, as it would take a little while to cook a "special order". NCL was great in this dept.

Has anyone with food allergies had this type of experience on Carnival?

Please share......

quote.gif

This is what is on the Carnival website:

Dietary Needs

Carnival Cruise Lines can provide our guests with the following special dietary needs: Vegetarian, Low-Cholesterol, Low-Fat, Low-Carbohydrates, Low-Sugar, Gluten Free, Indian Vegetarian and Kosher. If you have food allergies, please advise your dining staff once onboard.

I know that those with gluten allergy usually contact the special needs dept. prior to the cruise...But I couldn't find a number for them on the site. the cruiser at my table with the gluten allergy was consulted every night by the dining room staff and the menu chosen for the next night. He had already made some connections in the buffet area. It is easier for them to handle allergies/special diets if you have fixed seating, but I am sure they will be able to handle him if you choose Anytime dining. EM

I am bringing my 4 yr old son with me on my cruise in May and while registering him for Camp Carnival, one of the forms I filled out was about any specific food allergies. I'm sure that the ship's restaurants probably go by what you fill out on this form as well (though I can't be 100% sure).

The host/hostess will bring around the next night's menu for him to choose. He can order off the kid menu or the adult menu. If he is undecided have him order both (or three.....)

If you have a set time for dinner the meal will be ready. There is anytime dining and I do not know how that is scheduled.

Over on the Carnival site search for different diets. I have seen pictures of vegan & vegetarian diets.

I am bringing my 4 yr old son with me on my cruise in May and while registering him for Camp Carnival, one of the forms I filled out was about any specific food allergies. I'm sure that the ship's restaurants probably go by what you fill out on this form as well (though I can't be 100% sure).

The form is only for the Camps.

Archived