Suite guarantee on Brilliance?

Hello,

My wife and I have booked onto the Brilliance of the Seas for a June Mediterranean honeymoon cruise and have booked into a D2 (9256). We now see a W suite guarantee for an additional $500 each. When do they assign the suites - immediately after full and final payment or a few days before sailing? Is it worth giving up our prime D2 to get a chance to possibly use the Concierge Club?

id personally do that..but it matters to you is the 500 each wirth it, but i would say there is a good likely hood that you get a js and no concierge lounge, but you get more space. so if you are just looking for the CL it is a chance. Either way enjoy your cruise will be on the brillance a month after you

I would absolutely not take the guarantee...9256 is a very coveted corner aft! We had 1100 on our last cruise and you will love the location and the large balcony. You won't miss the Concierge Lounge, plus you'll have 1k more in your pocket, enjoy!

Thanks for the info, everyone! Does anyone know when the suite assignment would take place? I'm just wondering that, if the suite weren't to work out, if we'd have enough time to jump back into 9256.

Thanks for the info, everyone! Does anyone know when the suite assignment would take place? I'm just wondering that, if the suite weren't to work out, if we'd have enough time to jump back into 9256.

If you "jump out" of 9256, there will be a line of people wait-listed to "jump in", so you won't be able to get it back. Also, we've been in the Concierge Lounge and the company of anyone we've met there is NOT worth $1000.00!!! Unless you plan on drinking more than $1K of cocktails or capuccinos, stay right where you are!:rolleyes:

This post brings up an interesting possibility - that of getting a JS when booking a suite guarantee. I didn't realize that it was categorized as a suite since a JS doesn't qualify for true suite perks. I'm a bit taken aback that you could end up with one. :confused:

Lucky us - we decided to roll the dice and take a guaranteed suite and were assigned a GS! I'll begin taking bids on 9256 now. :)

Apparently, they are assigning the suites rather quickly now where before you had to wait. Status in C&A or special celebrations don't seem to factor in, but it still all worked out in our favour.

Lucky us - we decided to roll the dice and take a guaranteed suite and were assigned a GS! I'll begin taking bids on 9256 now. :)

Apparently, they are assigning the suites rather quickly now where before you had to wait. Status in C&A or special celebrations don't seem to factor in, but it still all worked out in our favour.

Congratulations-I am not surprised they are bumping people up to GSs on those 12 nighters: the prices initially posted were ridiculous. There are still lots of GS available on other sailings as well. I thought they'd reprice them for 2011 but the prices are just as prohibitive.

Archived