Taking Amtrak Seattle to VanCouver-Hotel near Amtrak station?

Those words near and not too expensive don;t apply as far as I could find out. We stayed at the Crown Plaza it's nice. but you need to get a good price there. 10-11 blks.

Silver Cloud is closest I think West of Safeco field kinda like the same huge parking lot. But depending on Mariner Sched the prices run really high.

There is nothing much in the area really so I would suggest that you are taking a cab anyways so use the whole downtown area of Seattle as a base for looking.

• 3 weeks later...

Also, it gets a little sketchy in that area after dark--if you're a night owl and like to go clubbing, it's a great place to be, otherwise, not so much. Pioneer Square (where Amtrak is located) is also home to most of the city's social services, so there's lots of homeless folks in the area, which can be a turn-off for some people.

There's a Best Western in Pioneer Square that would be in walking distance too. It's a wee bit farther than the Silver Cloud and would be closer to the nightclub scene.

If it was me, I'd stay somewhere in the ride-free zone, then it's a free bus ride to the Amtrak station. That opens up a lot more possibilities and maybe you can snag a deal.

Archived