Gift for mom

blroper

Ok so my sister and I are going on a cruise with our husbands that is returning on Mother's Day. My mom is keeping one of my kids so that we can go. I would really like to get her something nice while we are gone. We are doing the Western Carribean route. Any ideas of something that is representative of the places we will be visiting?

You might want to consider a piece of jewelry made from gems specific to the area? Or how about a locally crafted Christmas ornament for her tree, or some local glass work?

My mom watched our girls when we sailed Costa Rica, Panama, and Cozumel last October.. I made sure I brought back some Mexican vanilla for her...

I like the Vanilla idea. I am sure I can find her somehting from a local craftsman.

I would love to give her a cruise but she is funny about it. She is terrified the boat will sink or a sting ray will stab her or pirates will invade. LOL. Seriously, she has told us a hundred times to "just be careful". I love her to death. I think if she ever got onboard...well you all know how that goes!! HOOKED!

I did that cruise last year... It was my birthday and we returned on Mother's Day...

I got her a tourquoise cross. She LOVES it!!!

Now... ALSO, get some GREAT PHOTOS!!! Moms LOVE photos!!!

And leave her a wonderful letter, handwritten... telling her all the wonderful things she did for you while you were growing... and leave it sealed in an envelope with "Do NOT open till Mother's Day!"

BLESS YOU!!! And have a GREAT CRUISE!!!

Archived