DH won't be scorned for sport coat/tie/slacks on formal night, right?

GatorTide

DH wears a suit to work four days out of the week. He often has to wear them on business trips too. We attend a few benefit dinners each year and he wears his tux so we have the opportunity to get photos of us all dolled up.

On vacation, he likes to be a bit more casual. On our previous trips, he has just brought a suit but I was thinking it might be more enjoyable for him to leave the suit at home in favor of a sport coat, a tie and nice slacks. We are traveling on a weeklong cruise out of San Juan on the Serenade next weekend. We usually drive to our cruise ports but will be flying this time and would also like to cut down on the amount of "stuff" to take as we have snorkels, fins and masks we need to bring too.

We still want to eat in the MDR on formal nights, but I was just hoping he could get away with going a bit more casual (I will be wearing short cocktail type dresses, nothing too glitzy). If it's a big problem, he will bring the suit but I was hoping there might be another option for him...

DH wears a suit to work four days out of the week. He often has to wear them on business trips too. We attend a few benefit dinners each year and he wears his tux so we have the opportunity to get photos of us all dolled up.

On vacation, he likes to be a bit more casual. On our previous trips, he has just brought a suit but I was thinking it might be more enjoyable for him to leave the suit at home in favor of a sport coat, a tie and nice slacks. We are traveling on a weeklong cruise out of San Juan on the Serenade next weekend. We usually drive to our cruise ports but will be flying this time and would also like to cut down on the amount of "stuff" to take as we have snorkels, fins and masks we need to bring too.

We still want to eat in the MDR on formal nights, but I was just hoping he could get away with going a bit more casual (I will be wearing short cocktail type dresses, nothing too glitzy). If it's a big problem, he will bring the suit but I was hoping there might be another option for him...

He'll be fine!

I agree that he'll be fine, but I do have a question. ;)

How is a sport coat and slacks less to travel with than a suit comprised of a jacket and slacks?

It really won't, but I was thinking that if he brought his suit, we'd end up bringing a hanging bag and if we don't have to, he can put the stuff into a regular bag (though I did see those cool diagrams on how to pack a suit in a regular suitcase). The space saving isn't as much of an issue as is giving him a break from his regular suit-wearing routine, lol.

It really won't, but I was thinking that if he brought his suit, we'd end up bringing a hanging bag and if we don't have to, he can put the stuff into a regular bag (though I did see those cool diagrams on how to pack a suit in a regular suitcase). The space saving isn't as much of an issue as is giving him a break from his regular suit-wearing routine, lol.

If you know where you found those diagrams, could you please post! I am debating packing the suit in a regular suitcase or a garment bag.... Thanks!

Archived