What time can we board? independance

Holey

:o Hello to all! We are on the i o t s in June can anyone give me the earliest time we would be able to board?

Hi if you are going from Southampton, we were on for between 11am to 11.30am. We have also been on Jewel and Voyager and each time have been on before 11.30am. Just go down to checkin and once you are on explore and go for lunch in the windjammer.

Enjoy :)

Hi their What did you think of the i o t seas? Im thinking it may be too big! Have you any tips please? I would appreciate them very much.

Just got off her on Sunday. You may be right. I think you should send her back to the USA... :D:D She is a great ship.

Hi Holey,

Well this was our first freedom ship and we were amazed by the sheer size of her and the promenade with the shops & cafes :)

I have to be honest and say all on our table in the dining room had problems with luke warm food however this has not put us off booking again and we are going back this June :) hopefully this would have been sorted fingers crossed.

Hints:

They do have a kettle in the room however would reccomend bringing your own coffee the little sachets you can buy they only supplied us with tea bags for some strange reason ? maybe they thought us Brits only drink tea lol also we got a jug of milk from the restaurant and put it in the small fridge in the cabin.

If you have a trip planned the following day and you know it's going to be busy it's sometimes easier all round to order room service for breakfast and order some cookies at the same time to eat on the coach hehe :)

At least once on the ship they offer a laundry special where you can fill a bag up for x ammount of money it's amazing how much you can fit in this bag when you try hard enough and it all comes back nice and clean.

If possible clear your onboard account the afternoon or evening before because they get really busy on the last morning.

On the last morning just try to keep calm and relaxed whilst everyone is stressing out because everyone wants to try and get off at the same time lol.

Best tip is don't worry about the little things and enjoy the ship and enjoy your holiday.

Nigel & Rob x

P.S NorbertsNiece blog is really good and helped us loads on our first time (Cheers NorbertsNiece x x x)

Like it! haha. What did you think of her? and any hints or tips pleaswe?

We were on by 11.15 last year.

Only tea in the cabins, something to do with the agremeent that have for coffee supply for the cafes etc. Free coffee in the promenade cafe 24 hours a day.

Don't forget to go stargazing in the helipad when at sea, right at the front of deck 4, up the stairs, it is so clear at sea.

Well at least we get to keep her here for a year or two! What a fantastic ship.

I totally agree about stargazing on the helipad - it's just wonderful.

Have lunch in the main dining room on sea days - the menu is the best one on the ship! Oh and Johnny Rockets is a must - wait until you see the "entertainment":p

If you like hot chocolate, ask for a sachet from Cafe Promenade - they're hidden under the counter but they're free. Take a couple of mugs up to your cabin - the paper cups supplied are not very nice. Keep the mugs hidden during the day or your cabin steward will take them back!!

Take a pair of binoculars to look at other ships or dolphins or the Spanish coast line as you sail from Malaga/Barcelona/Seville (whichever port you have this time) or the view of Villefranche from the ship first thing in the morning or ...... anything really.

Take a small air freshener for the bathroom - we take one of those battery-operated ones (but keep the batteries out whilst it's in your suitcase!!!) but a gel one or a "card" one like you would have in your car will do.

Relax and enjoy!!!

Well at least we get to keep her here for a year or two! What a fantastic ship.

I totally agree about stargazing on the helipad - it's just wonderful.

Have lunch in the main dining room on sea days - the menu is the best one on the ship! Oh and Johnny Rockets is a must - wait until you see the "entertainment":p

If you like hot chocolate' date=' ask for a sachet from Cafe Promenade - they're hidden under the counter but they're free. Take a couple of mugs up to your cabin - the paper cups supplied are not very nice. Keep the mugs hidden during the day or your cabin steward will take them back!!

Take a pair of binoculars to look at other ships or dolphins or the Spanish coast line as you sail from Malaga/Barcelona/Seville (whichever port you have this time) or the view of Villefranche from the ship first thing in the morning or ...... anything really.

Take a small air freshener for the bathroom - we take one of those battery-operated ones (but keep the batteries out whilst it's in your suitcase!!!) but a gel one or a "card" one like you would have in your car will do.

Relax and enjoy!!![/quote']

Thankyou very much for your reply.

Hi Holey,

Well this was our first freedom ship and we were amazed by the sheer size of her and the promenade with the shops & cafes :)

I have to be honest and say all on our table in the dining room had problems with luke warm food however this has not put us off booking again and we are going back this June :) hopefully this would have been sorted fingers crossed.

Hints:

They do have a kettle in the room however would reccomend bringing your own coffee the little sachets you can buy they only supplied us with tea bags for some strange reason ? maybe they thought us Brits only drink tea lol also we got a jug of milk from the restaurant and put it in the small fridge in the cabin.

If you have a trip planned the following day and you know it's going to be busy it's sometimes easier all round to order room service for breakfast and order some cookies at the same time to eat on the coach hehe :)

At least once on the ship they offer a laundry special where you can fill a bag up for x ammount of money it's amazing how much you can fit in this bag when you try hard enough and it all comes back nice and clean.

If possible clear your onboard account the afternoon or evening before because they get really busy on the last morning.

On the last morning just try to keep calm and relaxed whilst everyone is stressing out because everyone wants to try and get off at the same time lol.

Best tip is don't worry about the little things and enjoy the ship and enjoy your holiday.

Nigel & Rob x

P.S NorbertsNiece blog is really good and helped us loads on our first time (Cheers NorbertsNiece x x x)

Thankyou so much for the advice! We are on her in June. What date are you going?x

Hi Holey,

Thank you!! ;)

We were on by 11.15 last year.

Only tea in the cabins, something to do with the agremeent that have for coffee supply for the cafes etc. Free coffee in the promenade cafe 24 hours a day.

Don't forget to go stargazing in the helipad when at sea, right at the front of deck 4, up the stairs, it is so clear at sea.

There are all sorts of drinks in sachets that you can help yourself to in the WindJammer and from the cafes. You can take those back to your room if you want.

Hi, we had a fabulous cruise on her out of Southampton back in 2008. There is a link to my blog in my sig below. She's fantastic.

Thanks so much it was interesting:)

Thank you!! ;)

There are all sorts of drinks in sachets that you can help yourself to in the WindJammer and from the cafes. You can take those back to your room if you want.

Do you mean sachets of coffee and hot chocolate?

Thank you!! ;)

Hi again! thanks for all the advice so far. Could I possibly ask you another question?

Is their an ironing room on board?

Hi again! thanks for all the advice so far. Could I possibly ask you another question?

Is their an ironing room on board?

No ironing room or other self laundry facilities are available.

And irons are on the prohibited items list for all RCCL ships.

You can send items to be ironed for you.

Price list here

Hi Holey,

We are on her the 5th June 2010 (not long now yaaa) :)

When are you going ?

Nigel

We are on her on the 19th June! Please bring her back in one piece.lol!

Archived