Question about pre-ordering wine for cruise.

rogerwaters

I was looking into pre-ordering a bottle or two of wine so that it can be in my cabin upon arrival. My question is, do I get charged a corkage fee for these bottles? Many of the types I were looking at were roughly around $35 a bottle. Is the $35 the flat rate, or will the total be $50, ($35 + $15 cork fee).

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but I am a rookie to cruising! :)

Or wait....no come to think of it. Do they even do that? If I pre-order wine do they hold it for the dining room or do they allow it to be delivered to the stateroom so it can be there when I arrive?

Sorry again...new to all this. :o

Yes, you can have it delivered to your room. Nice to have it there. But, you can just walk up to any bar and buy a bottle as well.

No extra corkage fee. Profit/corkage is built into the price.

The corkage fee is just to reimburse the cruiseline for the lost profits.

p.s. - This question is really not about Epic and applies to all NCL ships, so a posting on the main message board would make more sense.

Yes, you can have it delivered to your room. Nice to have it there. But, you can just walk up to any bar and buy a bottle as well.

No extra corkage fee. Profit/corkage is built into the price.

The corkage fee is just to reimburse the cruiseline for the lost profits.

p.s. - This question is really not about Epic and applies to all NCL ships, so a posting on the main message board would make more sense.

Thank you! I didn't know I could walk up to a bar and buy a whole bottle. Well that's good to know! :)

Oh yea. One of our favorite activities on the Spirit was to sit in the bar just above the pool (Biergarten). Order a bottle of wine and get some fries or pretzels, and just hang out. We did this most days to the point the server saw us coming and asked if we wanted " a bottle".

Most times they tried to sell us another bottle and kept giving the spiel about how they would hold it for us if we wanted, meaning we would not have to order at dinner. Sort of silly. Order at dinner or have them go find it. Some thing.

Archived