teens

Tomm

We cruised on Victory over Thanksgiving week and I heard there were 950 kids onboard! Any holiday week should have lots of teens. I'm guessing summer months would be a good bet too.

When you do book a cruise, I would suggest joining a roll call thread for your cruise. That way you can "meet" other people on your cruise beforehand. My 15-yr-old son had a blast with the teens he "met" through the roll call board. It was a real ice-breaker for them when they hooked up the first night on the cruise.

The roll call idea sounds great. Thanks all. What's the best way to book for 3. Do's the couch roll out?

There should be little symbols in the brochure that show details about the room. Usually it will tell whether they have a 1 or two person fold-out sofa, pullman beds, etc...

We cruised in Jan last year but deliberately waited to do so during the first week schools reopened. Cost was our main reason, the price dropped significantly for the same cruise. Their were only about 30 kids on board and of those, 25 were below the age of 5.

My kids, ages 10 and 13 only met one or two other kids their age and even then barely crossed paths with those kids because they were doing family time too.

Fortunately my kids are very very close friends and love spending time together so we didn't miss the other children.

Our next cruise is Thanksgiving week this year. I hear that holiday weeks are very busy with children but since this is an 11 day cruise and spills over into the week following the holiday, I am not expecting too many kids to be on board.

No way of knowing for sure. Fortunately there is a small library on board, a cinema and plenty of hot tubs. I doubt your children will be bored.

:) T.

• 3 weeks later...

I call princess when planning my cruise and ask them to tell me how many kids in a certain age bracket were on the ship that week. The res. agent will say I can't, then you tell them you have gotten the info before, and they go check it out. This gives you an idea, since it's probably about the same across the board. We are also planning when to take our 4 kids. We think week after spring break is good-about 175 kids per ship.

Archived