Considering Oceania - questions

lahore

Hi, I am Australian and we have never seen Oceania lines here to my knowledge. We have cruised on P&O, RCL, Norwegian and others.

Firstly, what nationality is Oceania lines; reason for asking is does the food have a particular bent? (eg; once travelled Flota Lauro and didn't like the overly European food).

Second question is, does anyone know where I could access an online deck plan with cabin numbers so I can see where the cabin I have been quoted on is located?

Finally we are considering a Europe to Singapore cruise with many days at sea across the Pacific. Anyone got any comments on that idea please - eg; things to do on sea days, stability of ships in rough seas etc.

Thank you

Lyn

Hi, I am Australian and we have never seen Oceania lines here to my knowledge. We have cruised on P&O, RCL, Norwegian and others.

Firstly, what nationality is Oceania lines; reason for asking is does the food have a particular bent? (eg; once travelled Flota Lauro and didn't like the overly European food).

Second question is, does anyone know where I could access an online deck plan with cabin numbers so I can see where the cabin I have been quoted on is located?

Finally we are considering a Europe to Singapore cruise with many days at sea across the Pacific. Anyone got any comments on that idea please - eg; things to do on sea days, stability of ships in rough seas etc.

Thank you

Lyn

First:

http://Http://www.oceaniacruises.com

is their website.

I would think that since Jacques Pepin is their chef of ship ( not really on ship).. but I suppose he dictates the recipes, it is more French flair, but those recipes cater more towards Americans tastebuds, if that helps you.

There is lamb! And wonderful ,so you, our Aussie friends should be very happy ;-).

Thanks Claudia - have a great cruise by the way, it's coming soon.

I went to their website but the jolly deck plans are so blurry I can't tell where my proposed cabin is. I don't suppose anybody out there would have a hard copy of Nautica deck plan who could tell me were 7053 or 7055 are please?

Lyn,

I hope the link from Vacationline helped you, but there does not appear to be any 7053. Cabins 7055 and 7052 are next door to each other, if that's where your reservations are. (Even numbers are Port, Odd numbers are Starboard)

We are booked on two cruises in 2006 - one being 35 days from Hong Kong to Athens. You will find that the ships ride remarkably smoothly, they have stabilizers, and are quite comfortable. Oceania, as you may already know, is a U.S. cruise line based in Miami and the ships are registered in the Marshall Islands.

There will be some orgainized activities for days at sea, but it's your choice about what you wish to do - nothing is mandatory! Otherwise, enjoy the peace and quiet.

BTW, Claudia is quite correct - Jacques Pepin is the Executive Chef and has deisgned all the menus. They are really most enjoyable and should fit anyone's tastes. However, if it would make you feel more "at home", the lamb served is purchased from Australia!! (But I don't know if they carry "Fosters" in the bar, sorry!)

Dick

Thanks a lot everyone, especially Rickey 88. I think it's 7055 we must be going for and the other cabin number must have been an error from the cruise agent.

Mmm, peace and quiet, and the write-ups on the net I have been reading about their food sound great. I like the sound of your cruise HK to Athens, it's the same cruise but the other way that we are considering (Athens to Sing). Interesting about the lamb, I didn't know Australians had a reputation for being lamb eaters, I am not, and nor is my partner but the other offerings sound very nice indeed :) . And as for Fosters - pig swill, wouldn't use it to cook with. That's not a beer it's a chemical coctail!

Archived