Uniworld River Royale May 30

topagent

Anyone going on Uniworld Provence and Burgundy cruise? This is our 2nd Uniworld trip and we are really looking forward to this one.

We end up in Chalon on June 6 and are looking for the best (and easiest) way to get to Paris for a 4 night stay.

Any comments will be appreciated.

Did this trip last year. Suggest you take the Uniworld transfer to the Lyon airport. The train station is part of the airport complex. The trip from Chalon to Lyon takes about 1 and one half hours. Schedule the train for late morning or early afternoon.

Best and easiest? Sometimes one is not better over the other. If you do some digging (search for Chalon sur Saone).... the FASTEST way and depending on how saavy you are with the internet is to take the train from Chalon to Dijon - and then TGV (bullet train) into Paris (Gare de Lyon).

Some of my notes on the train are this:

7:59 from Chalon / Arrive Dijon 8:49

9:25 depart / arrive paris 11:03 (Lyria TGV)

---------------------

10:49 / 11:39 (13 minutes to change trains – gotta hustle)

11:52 / 1:33 (TGV)

--------------------

12:39 – 1:37PM – regular train

Or

1:10 – 1:54 – TGV interconnection

2:57 – 4:37 – TGV into Paris

So - you have a few choices. I am doing this same trip in October - and I'm planning on doing the train on my own (and then I have 5 days on my own in Paris).

Good luck!

We are doing this cruise next year and would love to see a port by port review when you return. Sure hope you are not one of the unlucky ones who have been caught in the volcano ash incident!

B. Cole

• 4 weeks later...

We are also going on the May 30th cruise and are getting very excited. We were initially booked with Avalon Waterways to do their same cruise but when we came to pay for it ( the travel agent had only confirmed the booking the previous day) they had sold our cabin. Luckily we were able to get on the Uniworld but this was 2weeks earlier so we are rushing to get organised.

Archived