If you book excursions through the ship....

cruisemama5

There is an excursion that I am looking at doing in Grand Caymen that says it goes until 3:15 p.m. and the ship leaves at 3:30 p.m. I don't want to miss the boat. I have been on many cruises, but my husband and I have always booked them ourselves and have been lucky and not missed the ship, but have made sure there was plenty of time betwen when the tour was over and the ship left. This trip I am going with my daughter and we decided to book through the ship.

I don't want to miss the ship and wonder if the ship will wait for everyone if it is through a ship excursion.

There is an excursion that I am looking at doing in Grand Caymen that says it goes until 3:15 p.m. and the ship leaves at 3:30 p.m. I don't want to miss the boat. I have been on many cruises, but my husband and I have always booked them ourselves and have been lucky and not missed the ship, but have made sure there was plenty of time betwen when the tour was over and the ship left. This trip I am going with my daughter and we decided to book through the ship.

I don't want to miss the ship and wonder if the ship will wait for everyone if it is through a ship excursion.

The excursions you book thru Carnival are closely coordinated with the ship and adjusted to the ship's schedule. the Carnival "Guarantee" is that if you book excursion thru Carnival the ship won't leave without you. ken

I won't book excursions for anything that "cuts it close"... I would worry too much and not enjoy it...

So, I think you're right to book through Carnival. They will wait, they will be sure all connections are there... I know doing the Tuluum excursion in Cozumel is a close connection and I've been on board when the ship has waited 90 minutes for the return of the folks on the excursion...

As for payment... I've only booked on board and I've had it charged to my card at the end of the cruise along with all S&S charges...

• 3 weeks later...
Your credit card will be charged immediately when you book an excursion with Carnival.

That is correct, and allow me to elaborate. I recently booked an excursion online... or at least, I thought I did. It didn't charge my card immediately, but I expected it would show up on my balance (my cruise doesn't leave until September and I was booking the excursion in January). A day or two later, I checked my cruise details/balance and it wasn't on there, so I called Carnival and discovered that since my cruise balance was not paid in full yet, I could not book an excursion. I didn't get any sort of error or message when I had attempted to book prior to being paid in full, so I'm glad I called to learn that little factoid. -- Now here's where I look even less informed. The day I paid in full, I checked out the shore excursions online again, thinking I could then book it and pay it later. Well, I booked it that day and it charged my card immediately. It is fortunate I had the money, because I'd just paid a large amount on my cruise balance and immediately had to pay for that $200 excursion. Live and learn. I'm sure if I'd read more, I'd have learned about it before cramping my everyday budget.

That is correct, and allow me to elaborate. I recently booked an excursion online... or at least, I thought I did. It didn't charge my card immediately, but I expected it would show up on my balance (my cruise doesn't leave until September and I was booking the excursion in January). A day or two later, I checked my cruise details/balance and it wasn't on there, so I called Carnival and discovered that since my cruise balance was not paid in full yet, I could not book an excursion. I didn't get any sort of error or message when I had attempted to book prior to being paid in full, so I'm glad I called to learn that little factoid. -- Now here's where I look even less informed. The day I paid in full, I checked out the shore excursions online again, thinking I could then book it and pay it later. Well, I booked it that day and it charged my card immediately. It is fortunate I had the money, because I'd just paid a large amount on my cruise balance and immediately had to pay for that $200 excursion. Live and learn. I'm sure if I'd read more, I'd have learned about it before cramping my everyday budget.

That's really weird- I haven't made my final payment yet- it isn't due until June 1st. But I booked 2 separate excursions a month ago through the Carnival website and they were charged immediately to my credit card. They also showed up immediately up in my cruise details/order summary when I log into the Carnival website.

I wonder why you weren't able to book the excursions the 1st time....:(

I agree with smithkids.....my final payment isnt due until July and we booked all of our excursions a month ago and they hit my credit card right away.

If ship leaves at 3 - then last tender to the ship is at 2 (if there is a tender, can't remember). That's cutting it too close.

It is not cutting it too close if you are booking with the ship. The ship wouldn't sell an excursion that wouldn't make it back on time.

I would never book this time on my own, but it would be fine through the ship.

We did an excursion through Carnival in Cabo that did not get back until 2:30- the ship was due to leave at 3:00 and the last tender was at 2:00. We had no issues and when we got back there was still a huge line for the tender. We were not left behind.

I have always been charged immediately when I book an excursion online and it shows up in my schedule right away.

In Cozumel we did the Tulum excursion through Carnival. We used Carnival rather than book on our own due to the distance and time involved in the tour. We were lucky we did, since our ferry had to wait for a bus of people. We arrived back to the ship 45 minutes after it was supposed to sail, but since we were on a Carnival excursion, the ship waited.

If you book a tour ahead of time, you pay right away. If you book on the ship, the charge goes on your sail and sign card.

Archived