What to do first when we get on board

We are sailing on the April 17th Eastern Caribbean Cruise on the Oasis, but we made last minute reservations. We are not overly happy with our dining times and lack of show reservations. What should we do first when we get on the ship to remedy these concerns and where do we go to do it, Main Dining Room for the dinner issue and where for the entertainment? Thanks for all your help!

One of you go to the dining room and fix your dinner plans. Don't forget about "My Time Dining". Dine when you want. They will explain the deal for you.

The other, go to guest relations and do what you can for the show reservations. Don't miss the Ice Show or the show at the Aqua Theater.

Meet after at the pool bar for a drink and enjoy Oasis.

Be patient, take a deep breath, you will be fine.

We were on Oasis and never got to do all we wanted to. So, what did we do? Booked Allure for her maiden 7 day!

Enjoy Oasis. We did!

Rick and Deirdra

Thank you so much for those words of wisdom!!!! Kind of feel a little penalized for deciding to go on a cruise last minute, we can't eat before 8:30, and we have 2 kids with us. I understand why RCCL does the reservations and all but it is very disheartening when you can't get much of anything including the shows. I am sure it will all work out and be a fabulous vacation. Again thanks!!!!

Members of my family cannot eat at that 830 time slot so we signed up for MTD and were put on the waiting list for the 600 seating. Low and behold we were notified after a week or so that we got the 600 seating. Not sure if this will happen in your short time, but maybe some tips for the future. Enjoy!!

Also, I've heard from several on these boards (I have not been on board yet, personally) that you don't really need reservations for most shows (the comedy show being the exception), because they hold back some space until about ten minutes before and you can then just go in without one.

We were on the March 27, pre-Easter sail, one of the busiest so far. The later show times for the bigger shows (Hairspray, Come Fly with Me) were not full. There was no problem getting in on standby. I don't know about Oasis of Dreams; we had reservations for it on the first night, but it also didn't appear full. They open the venues 10 minutes before start time. If you don't have reservations, and Oasis of Dreams is on for the first night (they cancel in rough seas), just go to the boardwalk 20 minutes before the show, and you'll probably get in. If you wear something that can get wet, you'll almost certainly get in (there's a splash zone!).

I believe, but won't swear to it, that the boxoffice is in the On Air on 5 or Studio B on 4; we were able to get reservations online, and Come Fly with Me on the in cabin TV, well into the cruise. I think you'll be fine on most of the shows. If you're boarding at or near 1:00, one of you go to the MDR, and the other get on the TV in your stateroom. Your menu options include show reservations (and specialty restaurants, and excursions, etc.). If you're comfortable with the online menu, you won't have to stand in line for any of them!

Agree with the previous post: relax, take a deep breath, have a fruit drink, and enjoy! She's an amazing ship!

Archived