Legend or Dream

run4me

I am taking a Girl Scout troop of 8 sixteen year olds and 3 eighteen year olds on a western caribbeam June of 2011. For the same ports is the Dream worth $90 per person more? None of the girls have been on a cruise before but they have been working hard to earn the money to go.

$90 doesnt sound like a lot of difference. You might price out the port the ships are leaving from. Will you drive to the ports?? Which is more convenient.

If one requires a hotel and the other doesnt, that can wipe out $90 in savings. Are you driving to the port, how are you getting there.

I can change a $90 difference by booking a 1A instead of a regular inside cabin, but 1As cant be booked at group rates, you have to book them on your own.

At that age, I doubt the girls will care which ship, they will be having too much fun on their own.

$90 doesnt sound like a lot of difference. You might price out the port the ships are leaving from. Will you drive to the ports?? Which is more convenient.

If one requires a hotel and the other doesnt, that can wipe out $90 in savings. Are you driving to the port, how are you getting there.

I can change a $90 difference by booking a 1A instead of a regular inside cabin, but 1As cant be booked at group rates, you have to book them on your own.

At that age, I doubt the girls will care which ship, they will be having too much fun on their own.

Certainly agree with this thoughtful insight. Having been on both ships, however, The Legend would be our number one pick!

I have been on both ships.

The slides on the Carnival Dream are amazing. The Legend has a slide but it is very small.

With that said, it would not be worth $90 per person for the slides.

The Legend is a great ship and goes to great places.

If I was one of the parents, I would rather you choose the cheaper cruise.

Thanks everyone. I was leaning towards the Legend. We will we at WDW the week before so both ports are easy to get to. The Dream being a larger cruise ship looked like it would be harder to keep track of the girls. :)

i have been on both and both are amazing in their own way. like someone said earlier...look at the dept. ports etc. one thing i loved about the dream was the pasta bar....great!!! and the slides were a blast. but as i said, both are great ships, you cant go wrong on either one

Archived