Pearl - Bow cabins Deck 10 or Deck 9

Markj

Hello all, hope you can help

We have booked a Penthouse cabin for an Alaskan cruise on the Pearl next June. This is an SE cabin under the 2011 cabin categorisation.

But - which cabins are best - the ones on Deck 9 or those on deck 10. On the pdf of the deck plan they look the same - but looking at pictures of the Pearl there is some structure on deck 11 which overhangs the cabins on deck 10 and the balcony appears to be longer on deck 9!

Decisions, decisions!

Please help us you seasoned cruisers!!!!

Just for your info...the "structure" on deck 11 is the navigation bridge for the ship. Sorry thta I don't know about the differences in the balcony areas except that the bridge overhang would be on the deck 10 cabins. I think that either deck has very sufficient balcony areas. There are restrictions on using the outdoor lights on both of these decks at night.

Hello all, hope you can help

We have booked a Penthouse cabin for an Alaskan cruise on the Pearl next June. This is an SE cabin under the 2011 cabin categorisation.

But - which cabins are best - the ones on Deck 9 or those on deck 10. On the pdf of the deck plan they look the same - but looking at pictures of the Pearl there is some structure on deck 11 which overhangs the cabins on deck 10 and the balcony appears to be longer on deck 9!

Decisions, decisions!

Please help us you seasoned cruisers!!!!

assuming Pearl is same as Jewel, the decks on 9 are larger.. The bridge does overhang the 10 decks a bit, but we were on a port intensive cruise and quite frankly needed the respite from the sun so I did not mind.... you were able to get sun just was blocked a bit. Loved, loved, loved the room!

Thank you for the speedy and excellent replies everyone -

mkad1109 - Im so glad you loved these rooms - they look and sound fabulous and we cant wait. Did you have any issues with the wind blowing as the you were at the front of the ship?

:)

I was in the Owners Suite 9004 on the Pearl which is in the front of the Ship. The Balcony of Deck 9 was bigger than Deck 10. It is very windy out on your Balcony when the Ship is moving but I still went out and waved at the Officers on the Bridge when we went under the Bay Bridge. Believe me the view is wonderful and you will have floor to ceiling windows so you could just sit there and enjoy the views.

Archived