victoria hotel choice- confused?

Have read serveral threads about hotel suggestions for Victoria but still confused about which area is best. We are going there for 2 nights in May after leaving Vancouver. Would like to stay in area where we can walk to everything, nice neighborhood too (ie not industrial),... The area where a tourist would say "next time i visit this is the area to be"

that said, the hotels that seem to pop up in the treads with good recommendations and reasonable prices are, Embassy Inn, Best Western Inner Harbour, Harbour Towers, Bedford Regency Hotel, and James Bay Inn. Not sure if any of these are in the area I should be staying in...

any suggestions first as to the "area" then a hotel?

Have read serveral threads about hotel suggestions for Victoria but still confused about which area is best. We are going there for 2 nights in May after leaving Vancouver. Would like to stay in area where we can walk to everything, nice neighborhood too (ie not industrial),... The area where a tourist would say "next time i visit this is the area to be"

that said, the hotels that seem to pop up in the treads with good recommendations and reasonable prices are, Embassy Inn, Best Western Inner Harbour, Harbour Towers, Bedford Regency Hotel, and James Bay Inn. Not sure if any of these are in the area I should be staying in...

any suggestions first as to the "area" then a hotel?

All decent choices, the Bedford is downtown (Government/Fort approx), the rest are in an area called James Bay, just south of the downtown core, near the inner harbour.

On a weekend, the area around the Bedford Regency might be noisy late at night. My choice would be one of the others, which are within easy walking distance of the touristy part of downtown, the waterfront and Beacon Hill Park. Did you review the Laurel Point Inn?

On a weekend, the area around the Bedford Regency might be noisy late at night. My choice would be one of the others, which are within easy walking distance of the touristy part of downtown, the waterfront and Beacon Hill Park. Did you review the Laurel Point Inn?

thanks.. the Inn at Laurel Point only has a studio suite available the days i need..

I read about the noise at the Bedford but the reviews were to get a room facing the rear courtyard not the front... looked like a nice place inside but was worried the area was too far away from the "in" spot and maybe seedy??

We were there a few months back to get out of town during the olympics for a weekend and stayed at the http://www.chateauvictoria.com/. I thought it was a pretty nice place and was really close to the Empress, Govt Buildings and all the highlights in the Inner Harbour. It would be worth a look. We stayed when they had a free upgrade to suite, so that was nice. Just a thought.

I have stayed at both the Best Western Inner Harbour and the Harbour Towers of the two my pick would be the Harbour Towers with a harbour facing suite. However my favourite hotel in the downtown area is the Magnolia, a great boutique hotel and close to everything. link

thanks to everyone who made suggestions. I ended up with the Harbour Towers, room with a habour view and the bed and breakfast package. The boutique hotels looked nice but cost played into the mix so we went with the Harbour Towers...

Archived