im from the uk and have a question

cruise6932

I'm traveling on the grand princess from southampton and have booked via a uk travel agent.

- Will I still get tickets? Or is what I print from my cruise planner on princess website it?

- Also do I have to get special insurance or can I just get travel insurance for europe?

Thanks

If you picked a good TA, you can get answers from them for all your questions.

Insurance is important, but make sure whatever you get will cover your cruise.

Here in the US, we no longer get a mailing from Princess with travel documents,

luggage tags, etc. We print everything from Cruise Personalizer, tags, boarding passes,

etc.

Mimi

I'm traveling on the grand princess from southampton and have booked via a uk travel agent.

- Will I still get tickets? Or is what I print from my cruise planner on princess website it?

- Also do I have to get special insurance or can I just get travel insurance for europe?

Thanks

We got tickets last summer, but I would check with your TA / Princess whether or not this is the same for you.

Normal travel insurance for Europe will cover your needs. :)

We had to print out our own Boarding Passes for the ship, but the luggage labels should be sent to your travel agent. Our paperwork said that the luggage lables would be sent to our TA but they weren't, so I rang Princess and after apologising profusely, they sent them in the post and I received them very quickly. Before I get the good folks over the pond saying that you PRINT OUT your own luggage tags, you may do in the US but NOT in the UK. An anomoly of the system.

You'll need insurance that covers europe (if that's the only area you are going to), but we get worldwide annual insurance which covers Canada, USA, Caribbean etc.

When I was sorting out our cruise last xmas, the TA told me totally incorrect information - like "the luggage labels will be put on at the airport"! Rubbish! That's when I read the documentataion which quite clearly said that the luggage labels will be sent to the TA. I ended up taking a copy of this information into my TA - in the hope that they didn't give out incorrect information to the next customer.

You also don't need to complete the credit card info on-line. We aren't happy to do this before getting to the check in, as you never know where your credit card number etc may go to!

Fill out all your details in the cruise personaliser online, the information it asks for includes the details of your insurance provider, credit card and passport information.

When you are closer to the sailing date (I forget how close, but they will email you) you will able to print out your boarding passes (1 per person) and the tags for your bags which you staple or tape on.

Travel insurance is a requirement of the booking conditions. Most travel insurance policies also require you to have an EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) which is free and provides quick access to medical treatment on land. Most people don't know that most policies will only pay out over and above what's covered by EHIC.

Hope this helps and enjoy your cruise.

Hi There,

the days of a real ticket are gone what you get is a bit of headed paper that confirms your details.

I liked getting my Princess wallet with tickets but it was a cost.

Turn up at check in with a passport and a credit card and you will be able to board all the other bits of paper just make it a little bit quicker.

Luggage tickets are still a bit hit and miss double check with TA and Princess to see it they are sending real ones or do you have to print your own

yours Shogun

Archived