!st Celebrity Cruise

Just booked our first Celebrity Cruise. Med. Sept 29 2011. Long way away. Switched from RCCL because it was cheaper and thought we would like to try Celebrity. Room 1128. Any thoughts from experienced Celibrity cruisers? Does this room have a good view of the ocean or do you look down on the lifeboats?:D Nancy

Nancy;

You might get a better answer if we knew which ship you're going on. ;)

Is 1128 a balcony cabin?

I can tell you that after 10 years + of criusing RCL (our favorite was Jewel/Radiance Class) and being RCI Diamond, we switched last year because of the cutbacks and deminishing perks on RCL.

In contrast, Celebrity is adding perks to their "Elite Members" (it seems like a direct effort on RCCI to push their Diamond members towards Celebrity ships.).

The whole 13 days we spent on the Infinity, Donna and I both kept catching ourselves saying, "This is as good as RCL used to be!" Celebrity is definitely our favority cruise line now.

Just booked our first Celebrity Cruise. Med. Sept 29 2011. Long way away. Switched from RCCL because it was cheaper and thought we would like to try Celebrity. Room 1128. Any thoughts from experienced Celibrity cruisers? Does this room have a good view of the ocean or do you look down on the lifeboats?:D Nancy

I am assuming you are booked on the Solstice for September 29, 2011.

If it were me, I would spend another $50 per person and book 1120. Cabin 1120 is available at this time, for the cruise you have indicated.

Cabin 1120 is not an adjoining cabin (although this is not much of an issue on Solstice), and it has the large size balcony. Cabin 1128 is an adjoining cabin and is above the lifeboats. That may or may not be a big issue for you when you are up on deck 11 (see below).

My thanks, as always, to Andreas Depping, for the wide shot of the Solstice.

839018284_sheUj-XL.jpg

Here is what you see when you look down from AQ 1552 (one floor higher, and further forward, at the first indent, and over the first lifeboat on the starboard side).

451760898_mLRma-L.jpg

I'll see if I can find a better picture of the location of 1120 vis-a-vis the lifeboats.

We were also Diamond members who have jumped to Celebrity. We absolutely love it. The Solstice class ship is wonderful. We have done both the Solstice and the Equinox, and are looking to book the Connie for next year. The service, food and the attention to detail is so much better.

Archived