Starting to get worried!

I am cruising at the end of May and continue to prepare, hopefully all will be OK but otherwise i will re-schedule as I have some flexibility as to when I travel. I can imagine the situation where you arrange new dates and then have to arrange yet again, phew.

does anyone remember me going on about rail cruises from Marseille? Told you so :D Hi speed rail from London to Marseille and board your ship there, wonderful, fly cruises without the fly and no ash ;)

Hi Linda,

As you'll be sailing with a different company if you go from there you won't be able to transfer. You'll have to cancel with Thomson and lose the deposit.

If you were transfering to a different Thomson cruise you'd then be able just to do a transfer and just pay the fee.

Berwyn

I wonder what will happen if you had free AI on your original booking - but it's a (huge!) payable extra on an alternative! :eek: Although I think Thomson will be good in respect of rearranging cruises (if there are any available!!) I'm not sure we will be able to expect an equivalent deal.

does anyone remember me going on about rail cruises from Marseille? Told you so :D Hi speed rail from London to Marseille and board your ship there, wonderful, fly cruises without the fly and no ash ;)

Hi Dave,

Yes Leger holidays do that sort of thing, either get out there by rail or coach.

Berwyn

kruzseeka, Thats exactly what ive been thinking, due to go on the 28th April, we booked early so we could enjoy the all inclusive free upgrade, are Thomson's going to let us do the same if we have to re book. Anyone got any thoughts on this??

kruzseeka, Thats exactly what ive been thinking, due to go on the 28th April, we booked early so we could enjoy the all inclusive free upgrade, are Thomson's going to let us do the same if we have to re book. Anyone got any thoughts on this??

I would imagine, but I may be completely wrong, being realistic about this, that they will only give you what is available at the time of re-booking and bearing in mind they are probably losing an awful lot of money at the moment and there will be a demand for people who wish to re-book holidays that they have missed, they will possibly drop the AI incentives (for this year's cruises anyway).

There are people in resorts & on cruise ships at the moment that are being looked after and getting "free" extended holidays due to the situation - it must be costing the travel industry a fortune. My parents are currently on the Celebration and as far as I can gather, there are still people on there from the previous week's cruise who are obviously being fed & accommodated by Thomson.

My other concern (with us due to travel later this year) is whether or not the travel companies put on a "surcharge" on the holidays to try to at least re-cover some of their costs. It does state in their booking conditions "we reserve the right to increase the price of your holiday after you have booked but no later than 30 days before the departure date." This could be as a"result of changes in the cost s of supplying your holiday resulting from transportation charges (fuel, airport surcharges,air fares and other transport charges which form part of the contract with the transport provider) currency fluctuations and government action" etc etc

Well it's all over now. All outbound flights due on 21st have been cancelled by Thomsons. As our 'window of opportunity' for this holiday was very tight it looks like we will have to go for the refund. Maybe we will try a cruise one day soon!

You must be gutted - sorry for you and everyone else who is in this situation right now - you spend so much time planning & looking forward.

Well it's all over now. All outbound flights due on 21st have been cancelled by Thomsons. As our 'window of opportunity' for this holiday was very tight it looks like we will have to go for the refund. Maybe we will try a cruise one day soon!

So sorry! :( Don't give up though - cruising is fab and I'm sure you WILL get to sample the delights befor etoo long. if you are able to - get another one booked a.s.a.p. - after all this angst you deserve it!! And good luck. :) Let us know if you manage to fix something up.

I would imagine this is part of the original package you booked so any new cruise price would include free AI.

how they calculate the new price I don't know. Personally with discounts etc complicating matters I can only think of looking at the brochure price to get a estimate of expected price differences.

for my upcoming 14 nighter I have a free AI which would have cost £338 so if it was not available on the new booking I would expect a £338 cash discount.

Screwing the existing passengers to claw back some money would be a typical bean counter cunning plan which would negate all the good work that Thomsons are doing with repatriation etc.

I wonder if prices are increasing on the Thomsons site?

Prices were down for cruises in May and early June. I guess they would say the new cruise price is as now advertised but then if you want A/I that would be added on top. So the price would probably work out about the same. Be interesting to know what happens.

So sorry! :( Don't give up though - cruising is fab and I'm sure you WILL get to sample the delights befor etoo long. if you are able to - get another one booked a.s.a.p. - after all this angst you deserve it!! And good luck. :) Let us know if you manage to fix something up.

Well, booked one quicker than expected!

We fly at 6:00 am in the morning for the Dream cruise!!!

Well, booked one quicker than expected!

We fly at 6:00 am in the morning for the Dream cruise!!!:D

Hi tommy

We're meeting up for a sailaway drink with Isabel too at 10.30 in the Lido bar if you fancy it? This is a link to our pictures so you will be able to spot me and Mum! We're both blonde with quite short hair, 5' 1 and will be drinking white wine!!

http://photobucket.com/laurap_2010

Hope to see you there!!

Hi Laura.

We will look out for you! I have put a profile picture on so you know who to look for as well (if it works!).

Hope to see you Tomorrow night!!

Tommy

Archived