Nola

funnthesun

Going cruising on Triumph June 5th. Has anybody stayed at the Drury Inn. We have cruised out of NOLA several times, but we have never stayed there. Has anybody stayed there? They have a six day rate for their parking lot. I guess they hit you for more money for the 7th day. Thanks...

I stayed there for 9 days no charge. Someone else made a deal to pay $50 for 16 days, did 3 b2b2bs,

I just did a 4/5 day B2B no charge. I loved the Drury. High ceilings, rooms had lots of lovely marble, about 20 ft high windows in our room and huge tv and two nice sized beds, lovely bathroom. Walked to the french qtr and you can walk to the port, but hard with luggage.

If you look at the gulf ports departures section, lots have stayed there and liked it.

We stayed there in January. It was very nice! They serve hot breakfast items in the morning and also an assortment of appitizer type buffet in the evening. There is a nice roof top pool and hot tub and it is within walking distance to the Riverwalk Mall and the French Quarter. We would highly recommend it!

I stayed at the Drury Inn for pre-cruise on our Christmas cruise and it was a 7 day. I called them first and made sure I could park for 7 days and they said yes, I double checked when I checked in and they just altered the date- no problem, no extra charge from the "Nola cruise package" that I booked. I can't remember exactly how much I paid but it was cheap compared to parking at the port and also getting a hotel room. You will have to get a cab as it's not really within walking distance with luggage. WE LOVED THE HOTEL. For the amount I paid- about the same as I would have paid at a Holiday inn- this hotel was 5x nicer- big flat screen tv's in the room, nice view....oh and you can't forget about the free breakfast and the food they provide in the evening (we got there very late so I can't tell you what they served).

Thanks for the info... We live in Louisiana and we have been to NOLA lots of times. I am not worried about taking a cab. We just wanted to find a nice place that we could leave out car that did not cost too much...

Holiday Inn has a $99 special which includes continental breakfast, free parking for cruise guests and shuttle around town. They also take you to the ship in the morning. YOu have to find your own way back but there is no rush on that.

The breakfast at the Drury included sausage patties, home made waffles (yum) and ham to put on something, cant remember what it was. There was a coke machine FREE for all the time we were there. The free drinks, you got 3 coupons and they made them STRONG. I only had one and we were giving away coupons. They now have a meal almost with egg rolls and finger foods with the free drinks. We walked to mothers, and came back and made nachoes, but dont know if they still have the nachoes since that was last December before they added the food.

My sister loves her coke, so loved having a cup of cola everytime she went thru the lobby, even had some for breakfast, lol. The OJ was good too in the morning.

Archived