indy

we are due to fly to edinburgh to southampton on the 25th april to sail on the indy .starting to think we may have to drive to southampton from dundee.anyone else due to fly from scottish or north of england thinking the same

We are just up the road from you o/p but not going on Indy until June. No one knows how long this situation will last, I've heard reports that it lasted a year or two last time it errupted but I guess how it affects us all has to do with winds and stuff.

We have taken air and cruise from Royal and wonder if they will put other transport on if the flights are still off? I know that they put on coaches from some English citys normally so maybe they'd do one from here? It's a long drive from here to Southampton but I think if you take the train there are lots of connections to make and things like mega-train unfortunatly don't make it past Edinburgh and the connections seem complex

Fingers crossed it's sorted by the time we go but I feel so sorry for folk stuck away from home just now.

From what RCI are saying so far I it would appear that there is a chance they will do alternate arrangements for folk with cruiseair booked with them.

If driving an option then maybe even hiring a car might work as by time you come home it may be ok? We had flights from Aberdeen - Gatwick for last cruise and day before local airport closed with fog. I was all for DH finding out re car hire to get us there or at least nearer LGW!

Trains supposedly very very busy and heard reports of standing only between here and London :-(.

Good luck, hope you all get sorted ok xx

Well we are cruisng on the 27th May, and we are also a little worried if this situation goes on any longer. Some people are saying that it could last weeks/months. However the problem we have is that we are sailing from Barcelona. I have looked into driving and if we can get a cross channel ferry then the drive would be around 17 hours:eek:. Not ideal, but better than no cruise. Lets hope it all sorts itself out soon

Martin

Archived