Easy Saver vs Fun Saver Rates

mstravel

Hi, I'm new to Carnival and i'm trying to understand the booking system. Which is better to book, the saver rate or the fun rate. I do know the saver rate allow you to pick your cabin but the fun saver rate don't. Which booking choice allow the best chancesof getting a credits/OBC in the event of a price drop? I'm looking at booking a balcony cabin. Thanks in Advance for any information.

Since both have "saver" in the name, not sure which you refer to as "saver".

Fun Saver is a guarantee, where you have a good chance of a upgrade, since Carnival picks your cabin, but you cant be picky about where your cabin is. You get price drops until final payment.

Early Saver, is much more restrictive, no name changes, you can never downgrade, even if there is a heck of a deal, one category lower or a guarantee rate, you cant downgrade. If someone cant go last minute, even if they are in ICU in the hospital, you cant substitute someone (sure as some point out you can pay for a new fare so someone can go, but not at the $50 name change rate of other rates) ... but you can get rate drops until 2 BUSINESS days before the cruise. Of course your deposit is nonrefundable, if you cancel you have 2 years to use the rest of the deposit (which Carnival holds) minus $50 pp.

Archived