Cheaper public transport to Port of Miami from FLL and Palm Beach County

oceantrav2

sorry, no q's  

1. 1. sorry, no q's

• nada
    • niente
    • nothing

There appears to be no economical and efficient way to get to the Port of Miami from FLL airport and Palm Beach County. But, I've done the homework, and here's what to do:1) From FLL airport, take the free shuttle bus to the TriRail Ft. Lauderdale airport station, buy a TriRail ticket from a machine and board the next southbound train heading to Miami. 2) Ride the train five stops to the MetroRail Transfer station, get off and buy an EasyTicket from a machine to board the southbound MetroRail heading to Dadeland South. You cannot use cash to board MetroRail. 3) Get off the MetroRail at the Historic Overtown/Lyric Theater station. While you were enroute to this station, you could have called a taxi to meet you there (just in case you need to maximize efficiency). You'll know from the schedule the approx travel time to this station. 4) By cab, it's 1.9 miles, approx 8 minutes, to the cruise ship terminals. This is much cheaper than paying $50-$70 one-way to get to Port of Miami; just give yourself ample time in case of delays. Websites:http://www.tri-rail.com andhttp://miamidade.gov/transit :) I will be posting again on this topic with elapsed time point-to point. Yellow cabfare in Miami is $2.50 on meter activation ,plus $2.50 per mile.From MIA airport, there's transport for $24/person, flat rate.

Check TriRail and Metrorail for their (reasonable) fares. Parking at Port of Miami parking garages is $20/day for a car,suv,pickup truck. Today is 17 April 2010.

Oooops! I'll repost this for not-East Coast departures.

I am withdrawing this suggestion on getting to Port of Miami. For the great majority of cruisers (99%), use of Metrorail makes it too inconvenient. Further, it makes getting to the Port totally dependent on being met by a taxi at the Overtown station. Better to use a more conventional and comfortable way.

lol at first i thought great an easy/cheap way to get to POM .. but all those transfers got me confused .. probably wouldnt be a good idea for me to get lost in a train when i'm trying to catch my ship :p

i guess i will just take the SAS transportation that I just learned about .. since i'm booked w carnival but its $30/person/way .. so $60 back and forth .. and SAS is suppose to be only $15/person/way .. 50% off! extra $60 to spend on the cruise :D

I just don't get it. :confused:

After I have spent a couple of thousand for a cruise vacation, a few hundred to a thousand on air fare, wife had to buy new clothes ;) , a few hundred on hotels rooms and meals,,,,,,, why on earth are we worrying about $30 for a cab or limo ride from FLL to POM?

LOL! I wouldn't bet my vacation on the punctuality of Tri-Rail. And I certainly wouldn't want to be standing on the curb outside the Overtown MetroRail station with a pile of valuables, waiting for a cab that may never come. But please, by all means, give it a try and report back to us! :p

LOL! I wouldn't bet my vacation on the punctuality of Tri-Rail. And I certainly wouldn't want to be standing on the curb outside the Overtown MetroRail station with a pile of valuables, waiting for a cab that may never come. But please, by all means, give it a try and report back to us! :p

I missed the Overtown part! Yikes!! Hope the luggage is bullet proof.

Archived