Wine & corkage fee

lynn247

If our TA gives us a gift of a bottle of wine, and we bring it to the MDR, how does our server know not to charge us this fee? I know the obvious answer is to bring the gift acknowledgement with us, but what if it is misplaced?

It would most likely be one of the standard onboard wines so no corkage would be charged as it would be recognized as such. If concerned, I would just speak to the wine steward in the MDR and I believe you would not have a problem.

The wine steward would have been the person that filled the gift order and provided that bottle to you. So he knows it came from the HAL wine cellar, knows it was a gift, and knows your name, too. It is the wine stewards who make out the charges for wine or corkage fees, not the server, so no one else will be involved and there will be no problem.

Thanks for such quick answers.

We had to pay corkage on a gift bottle on RCCL. :mad: The gift had to be delivered to the MDR on order not to be charged. RCCL allows no wine to be brought on. I like HALs policies much better.

Archived