Shopping in Roatan

GeckoGirl

We are planning on a December 2010 Carnival Dream cruise and one of the stops is Roatan. I am not sure where the ship docks but am guessing Coxen Hole. Is there any shopping within walking distance or is it better to take a tour or cab to West Bay?

The Carnival Dream docks in Mahogany Bay. There is shopping there. Similar to the Puerto Maya pier in Cozumel. Also similar in shops at the pier in Coxen Hole. All the ubitquous jewelry, duty free liquor, t shirts, et.al. type shops. Check out the Honduran coffee kiosk. For native trinkets, etc., your better bet is taking a taxi to the West Bay/West End and walking along the main drag there. Think rustic Key West in the 50s.

Thanks, I just checked out the website for Mahogany Bay and it does look similar to the Cozumel Puerto Maya. We will start there and can always go to West Bay afterwards. The Honduran coffee Kiosk sounds good, wonder if they let you taste some of it, LOL.

Thanks, I just checked out the website for Mahogany Bay and it does look similar to the Cozumel Puerto Maya. We will start there and can always go to West Bay afterwards. The Honduran coffee Kiosk sounds good, wonder if they let you taste some of it, LOL.

Yes they will, and you can smell it too. Beans are grown on the mainland, but roasted on the island.

Archived