Cruise Critic Members comments are making a difference on the POA

marym933

I returned last Monday from the April 3, 2010 sailing of the Pride of America. Some of my fellow roll call members were Mousey, SailinCajunns and repetrillo. They have all written excellent reviews. Check them out on the member review page.

I was the member to arrange the Meet and Greet. It involved sending 2 emails to the group event coordinator aboard the POA. The first email was to ask for a meeting place. The second one was to confirm the maximum number of members that would be attending.

Upon arriving in my cabin, I had a nice letter from the group coordinator confirming the time and place - 5 p.m., April 3 in the Diamond Head Auditorium.

At 5 p.m. I proceeded to the auditorium. Much to my amazement, the group coordinator had refreshments of cheese and fruit, coffee, iced tea and water. Waiting to meet us was the captain, head housekeeper, head chef, group coordinator, food and beverage manager, bar manager, hotel manager and the cruise director.

They each introduced themselves and said that they were aware of the negative comments that the POA had recently received on CC. They passed out business cards and gave out there personal phone extensions and asked us to call if we had any questions or concerns during our cruise. They said that they are working to make the POA #1 in the NCL line. The buffet is now #2 fleetwide.

I think all of us at the Meet and Greet were pretty much blown away. The hotel manager suggested that we have a post-cruise meeting at 3 p.m. on Friday to discuss our cruise. Erin (the group coordinator) called me on Wednesday to confirm the Friday meeting. We met again with just a few suggestions. We all gave lots of praise for a fabulous cruise.

The staff and crew of the POA and NCL are readers of our posts. They are trying very hard to make the POA the best. IMO they are succeeding.

... They each introduced themselves and said that they were aware of the negative comments that the POA had recently received on CC. ..... They are trying very hard to make the POA the best. IMO they are succeeding.

That is great to hear! I would like to take a Hawaiin cruise, but have been reluctant to consider NCL/Pride of America because I heard that the service ethic aboard was just not the same as that which is experienced aboard other NCL ships.

As someone who has cruised 3 times on the POA I have never understood the negative comments that have sometimes been posted . My own experience on the POA has been first rate each time and compares favorably with other cruises we have taken over the years .

Archived