Steak lovers: what do you think of Chops?

Last thread like this, which I hope Paul can vouch for, was the Chops steak was now actually a fillet. I know I was enlightened on that one.

This is absolutely true. When RCI first put the extra charge steak on the MDR menu, it was not a filet. If memory serves me right, it was a thicker and better quality cut of either a sirloin or short loin NY strip than the normal every day sirloin menu item.

Much of the confusion and uproar was created when rumors flew that it replaced the normal beef dishes in the MDR. Many people did not understand it was just an added option, not replacing anything. I think some still don't get it.

The steak has since been replaced by a filet, which is much better.

Chops has been a hit and miss experience for us depending upon the quality of the steak. The best experience we had was on our first RCL cruise on Radiance of the seas but after that it seems like it was a mixed bag for us. Chops is not a Ruth Chris or a Mortons steak house as far as the quality of steak goes. For what Chops charges you get a good meal, good service at a fair price and for us it does break up the week.

Archived