Distance from The Anne Frank House to the Sail In Parade

We will be in Amsterdam on the initial day of the Sail In Parade, Thursday, August 19.

I understand public transportation will be very difficult.

What is the distance from The Anne Frank House or even the The Boat House to the Sail In Parade?

Thanks in advance.

Sailin on Augsut 19 will go from IJmuiden to Amsterdam and takes places for many hours. Check their website for more details.

Anne Frankhuis is not that far from e.g. Centraal Station. it is walking distance, or take any tram to Centraal Station.

Remember it will be very busy out there.

At the back of Centraal Station a.o. you can watch the ships, most of them will dock at or near the cruise-terminal.

Check these Amsterdam maps:

B3 for Anne Frankhuis and B4 for Centraal Station etc.

http://www.amsterdam.info/print/map/

Very good. Thanks. I have Bookmarked both of those sites.

So, are you saying that seeing the ships from Central Station is a complete different thing than being in a spot to board one of them?

I have looked at the Sail In Website. Looks amazing.

From prior experience, will there be opportunities to actually get on the ships, or is the first day more about just watching the parade?

Thanks again.

Very good. Thanks. I have Bookmarked both of those sites.

So, are you saying that seeing the ships from Central Station is a complete different thing than being in a spot to board one of them?

I have looked at the Sail In Website. Looks amazing.

From prior experience, will there be opportunities to actually get on the ships, or is the first day more about just watching the parade?

Thanks again.

I am not sure you can board them that day. Usually that is reserved for VIP's. The days thereafter there are possibilities to visit them and be on board. But even the Sailin is special, you will see not only the tallships, some special ships but also hundreds of small private yachts accompanying them.

(plus a lot of people watching along all the borders of Northseacanal).

Archived