QM2 April 22 Westbound proposal

westerndh

Like so many others, we are confirmed on this sailing. Hopefully we will arrive LHR morning of April 22nd.

If airlines really do start flying again, could Cunard at least delay sailing by 24 - 36 hours?

This would allow many "stranded" passengers to be able to make the sailing. and QM2 can still arrive NY on time.

This would help so many pax who are trying very hard to make it to the UK in time and I'm sure this will help Cunard manage logistics a whole lot better.

I would doubt very much if Cunard delay the ship. This happened at Christmas, a lot of people stranded in the UK trying to make it to NY for the Christmas/New Year sailing. Alas, those unable to make the ship on the day missed the sailing. Most eventually caught up on the Thursday (after the ship sailed on the Sunday) with Cunard flying all the delayed passengers to one of the smaller islands (unfortunately the grey cells aren't 100% so can't remember which island they were flown to) but not good for those looking forward to their Carribbean cruise.

Like so many others, we are confirmed on this sailing. Hopefully we will arrive LHR morning of April 22nd.

If airlines really do start flying again, could Cunard at least delay sailing by 24 - 36 hours?

This would allow many "stranded" passengers to be able to make the sailing. and QM2 can still arrive NY on time.

This would help so many pax who are trying very hard to make it to the UK in time and I'm sure this will help Cunard manage logistics a whole lot better.

I hope you booked your airfare with Cunard or they will have no mercy and leave without you if you arrive late. If you booked air with them call if you are late and it will make a difference. They will not wait. All cruises this month and next are sold out and wait listed so there will be someone there to take your cabin and they will profit. The Volcano is making money for the QM2 as the only Transatlantic liner making regular trips.

I booked thru Cunard on BA tonight which is no go. I am in Maine waiting to see if I get on tue or wed. I have a 7 hr drive to get a 9pm flt from BOS.

Cunard knows if I miss this sail I will try again some later month,even RT.

Larry

See the latest from their web site. Call at once.

:Queen Mary 2

22 April, Transatlantic Crossing

Southampton to New York

As a one-off exception to our Booking Conditions, Cunard will offer a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for the fare booked to those guests who have specifically been unable to fly to the United Kingdom and are therefore unable to embark the ship due to the recent air travel disruptions. This offer is based on the assumption that these accommmodations will be allocated to new bookings from our Wait List. We regret the disruption to our guests' travel plans and hope that through the FCC we will be able to welcome them on board Cunard Line in the near future.

Guests booked on Queen Mary 2's departure on 22 April will be contacted by Cunard Customer Service regarding their passage.

My parents and their friends are on the QV, they have cleared the waitlist to travel back on QM2, the rates are at brochure rate, very high. Good ol' Cunard making money on the deal!

list price? sounds a deal given the circumstances and given what hotels might have cost them while waiting for a flight. frankly i feel better that they've at least offered those of us a buy out. i'd be pretty annoyed for them to resell forfeited staterooms, without recompense.

not so much a deal, $5000 for a minimum grade cabin for 7 nights. Even with London hotel rates at around $500/night for a central London hotel, I doubt it will take another 10 nights for the planes to take to the air. It think they know people are desperate to get home, they have a long waitlist and they are making the most money off it. Its a business, I get it, but not the right thing to do.

It has been reported in various media that the wait-list for the 22 April crossing was over 1000. Now that air service has resumed, I was curious as to the availability on this voyage and looked at the booking engine on the 21st. It showed a considerable number of staterooms as being available, even in the grills. In fact, for every category I checked at random there were six available, which is the maximum that will display for any one category. That would indicate a significant number of last-minute cancellations and a lot of forfeited fares unless the cancellations were covered by cancellation insurance or Cunard's offer of a future credit for those who couldn't make it to the ship because of the disruption of air service.

The fares quoted were steep, but essentially as given in the original brochure in US$. I couldn't make an exact comparison because Cunard's Website will quote only CAN.$ to me, but as the US and Canadian dollar are more or less at par these days that is close enough.

Archived