I desperately need help with this problem

CruisinRin

Hi,

My family has booked 3 four-person cabins on the Miracle 5/15/05. We have another couple(my SIL and her boyfriend) that will be booking a 2-person cabin this week. I have an aunt that definately wants to come. She is ready to book, but does not have anyone to share a cabin with. She can not afford a single occupancy cabin.

Question: Can we book my aunt in the cabin with my SIL and her boyfriend? Then just have her sleep in our cabin(my husband, me and 1 and 3 year old)? I figure the baby will most likely sleep in our bed anyway.

-or-

Question: Can I switch someone out of one of the 4-person cabins to make a 2-person cabin with my aunt. I did not book directly with Carnival.

Thank you for your help. I really want to get this squared away this weekend. Prices are on the rise as the cruise gets closer!

Thanks,

Corinne

Corinne ~

The cruiseline will not "knowingly" allow you to do this. Sounds like you know that, though.

The staff will not perform a "bed check"....so really they will never know.

You will have 4 beds set up in your cabin, anyway.

There is the slight issue of the "key card". Your Aunt's card will be assigned to "the other room"....which will open their door (and not your door). Also, her charges will go to their room. Although this is a slight inconvenience, it can certainly be overcome.

Your Quad room will be tight! with 3 adults and 2 young children. do not under-estimate this fact.

That's all I can help you with..... :)

Question: Can we book my aunt in the cabin with my SIL and her boyfriend? Then just have her sleep in our cabin(my husband, me and 1 and 3 year old)? I figure the baby will most likely sleep in our bed anyway.

-or-

Question: Can I switch someone out of one of the 4-person cabins to make a 2-person cabin with my aunt. I did not book directly with Carnival.

Connie:

We checked on booking for five different groups of family members when we made our initial booking, and the TA said we could list our kids in other cabins with family members, but each cabin had to have one adult with appropriate custodial papers for any children assigned to the cabin.

In our situation, I had a sister who would be sailing alone and we planned to list one of our kids with her but have them actually stay in our cabin. TA said it was no problem wehre individuals choose to sleep.

Ultimately, the price changes between a solo room and a room with two people (The second being one of our kids) would have lowered my sisters price but would have raised our price for our child in that room. My sister agreed to pay the increase on our part since it did lower her rate greater than our increase.

My three sisters and my parents still haven't made their plans yet, but we went ahead and made ours so they'll have to divy up bookings among each other.

Now back to your question; Yes, based on what we were told, your aunt can book with in laws and stay in your cabin. Doing so should lower their rate per person as well. I would be sure and notify the cabin steward, and perhaps the pursor after boarding, so as to avoid any questions.

Corinne ~

The cruiseline will not "knowingly" allow you to do this. Sounds like you know that' date=' though.

The staff will not perform a "bed check"....so really they will never know.

You will have 4 beds set up in your cabin, anyway.

There is the slight issue of the "key card". Your Aunt's card will be assigned to "the other room"....which will open their door (and not your door). Also, her charges will go to their room. Although this is a slight inconvenience, it can certainly be overcome.

Your Quad room will be tight! with 3 adults and 2 young children. do not under-estimate this fact.

That's all I can help you with..... :)[/quote']

Thanks!

If we went that way, I figure she can have one of the babies keys. I thought that you can have individual credit cards for each S&S card. That was what we did when I shared a cabin with 3 friends on Royal Carib. We each had our own accounts. Thanks for your advice!

I know we all try to help.But we are not cruise representatives.We don't have the right to tell others to go against the suggested drees code. the cruise lines have made casual dinning available for people that don't want to dress.

So why do we incourage them not to dress accordingly. This is only my opinion. AL.D

I know we all try to help.But we are not cruise representatives.We don't have the right to tell others to go against the suggested drees code. the cruise lines have made casual dinning available for people that don't want to dress.

So why do we incourage them not to dress accordingly. This is only my opinion. AL.D

Did you post in the wrong place Al.D??? LOL :D

Your aunts sail and sign card can be set up in her own name, with her own account. It's easy to do this, there will be a form in your SIL and boyfriends docs to set up their onboard account, they will have to list who can sign on the account. Seperate accounts can be set up upon embarkation. Usually, the desk will provide extra keys if you need them, we have done this before.

You really don't have to inform them of your sleeping arrangements. The only problem you might encounter is if the ship is already at capacity, or if your SIL's cabin will not accomodate a triple, they may have to get a different cabin. Check your brochure, if you have one, or check with your TA.

Your aunts sail and sign card can be set up in her own name, with her own account. It's easy to do this, there will be a form in your SIL and boyfriends docs to set up their onboard account, they will have to list who can sign on the account. Seperate accounts can be set up upon embarkation. Usually, the desk will provide extra keys if you need them, we have done this before.

You really don't have to inform them of your sleeping arrangements. The only problem you might encounter is if the ship is already at capacity, or if your SIL's cabin will not accomodate a triple, they may have to get a different cabin. Check your brochure, if you have one, or check with your TA.

Thank you so much for the great information. I will be booking the cabin today!:)

Archived