Survey: "The UGLIEST cruise ship I've ever seen."

CalmCruiserNC

I vote for the Big Red Boat, at least by the time I saw her before she was retired she seemed pretty ugly to me. .. of course she was red.

Fire,

Hey now! Leave the Big Red Boats out of this discussion. I happened to have thought our BRB SS Majestic was quite beautiful;

1304174875065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

Hi, Everyone!

I was just browsing the boards and a saw someone's countdown clock for the Norwegian Epic. I showed my wife the image of the ship and we both agree, the Epic is the singularly ugliest ship we've ever seen. A big klunky box -- a container ship for people.

SO that got me wondering -- which do you think is a particularly ugly ship?

All of NCLs ships are ugly IMO. Why do they think ships should have graffiti all over the side of them? They look like abandoned buildings or bridge underpasses on the bad side of town. :eek:

In my opinion, here are the top five ugliest exterior ship designs of any major cruise line!

#5) All of Celebrity's Solstice Class ships

#4) All of Princess' post-panimax ships

#3) Carnival's Fantsay Class ships with those new balconies

#2) Norwegian cruise line's Pride of America

And worst of all...

#1) The Norwegian Epic! :eek: She looks like Frankenstein!

Well, since the Epic and the "enhanced":rolleyes: Fantasy Class ships have been beaten to death, I have a new one:

Carnival Liberty, post "bridge wing suites" being added. IMHO adding them made the front of the ship look odd, almost like she has two big eyes staring at you.

Libby pre "facelift"

Carnival_Liberty_Naples.jpg

From:http://z.about.com/d/cruises/1/0/A/M/3/Carnival_Liberty_Naples.jpg

And after her surgery

232323232%7Ffp4334%3A%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D32879%3B%3B269326nu0mrj

Moral of the story: Carnival should stop welding random scrap metal onto the exteriors of their ships.

EssiesMom -- You're DEFINITELY winning so far with these!! LIPS on the front of a ship?? Too much!

Centainly makes this 'hull art' look quite restrained...

612978857307_0_ALB.jpg

902978857307_0_ALB.jpg

332978857307_0_ALB.jpg

Our old friend, now Grand Celebration. She followed us around the Med. Above in Barcelona, here in Livorno with...well, Prinsendam and...

BG-5.jpg

Don't you wish the staterooms were the same as the show too??? :D

They actually were pretty big! First two cruises were on the old Pacific Princess (the original Love Boat) in 1978 and 1979. Cabins were great! The two bars and tiny pool were - um - small. I'm being polite.

Now, as for the Viking Serenade (my first RCI cruise) - ugly ship, ugly cabins, ugly everything. Turned me off of RCI for about seven years. The Sovereign turned me off for another five years. Now, the Jewel of the Seas....loved it!!

In all fairness to the MOBY ships -- they are ferries -- so most of their boxiness is a design requirement to park more cars on them. BUT what must it cost in licensing fees to get all of those Warner Brothers cartoon characters plastered all over your fleet? Does that really make you want to use their ferries more?

Archived