Where to buy cuban cigars

GetWetToo

I'll be in Grand Cayman 1st and then Cozumel. I know there is an LCDH in GC where I can buy authentic cuban cigars. I also know in Cozumel the Havana Club sells authentic cc. Does anyone have recent experience on which of these two places have better prices?--or it doesn't matter.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

I'll be in Grand Cayman 1st and then Cozumel. I know there is an LCDH in GC where I can buy authentic cuban cigars. I also know in Cozumel the Havana Club sells authentic cc. Does anyone have recent experience on which of these two places have better prices?--or it doesn't matter.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

probably not going to matter much as base prices are not set by the stores. BTW, I've heard, but not verified, that the owner of the Havana Club and associated stores in Cancun, died and as a result it's no longer a LCDH, as that oes to the individual not the store or heirs. Again, just something I've heard may or may not be a rumor spread by the fake Cuban people.

There's at least one store that looked like it sold them...a bit to the right of the main port area, as you're facing away from the water, along the main street but tucked in back behind some other stores. All you can see from the sidewalk is an alleyway and a sign that advertises the store. They looked like they had cuban cigars and coffee as well as other cuban items...

I think it's maybe behind the store with the clothes that change colour? Anyone else know what store it is I mean?

There's also a cigar store upstairs at Royal Watler, beside the ice cream place.

Not a cigar person, so I can't comment on either store's quality, authenticity, prices, etc.

msteve, how long has it been since you have been to the Havana Club in Cozumel? I was last there in 2005. I don't remember exactly where it was at--I was invited by the hotel manager of the Inspiration and spent the day drinking mojitos and smoking cubans with him. All I know is I took a cab over and back. I've heard the owner had died, the location was destroyed by a hurricane etc. The address you posted is that where the forum shops bldg is? that's what I have found on the internet with no link.

thanks

Archived