Twist on early flight - Carry on's only?

MickeyMickey

I would prefer a noon flight, in case the ship gets in late ... but if its a lot cheaper, I might chance it... should be ok, but its always a chance. thats pretty early.

I was on Ecstasy when we hit the dock and turned disembarkation into a mess and people who needed to check in at 11 am for a noon flight were probably not going to make it by the time they let our deck off .. and yes, I was supposed to get VIP self disembarkation, but the idiots running it decided to take all the wheelchairs in front of us and all the group and family with them and if you couldnt run down 6 flights of stairs you were screwed. still pissed how badly they handled it. I had a dentist appointment at 3 pm I missed... should have easily made it.

I am looking at a 10:50 A.M. flight in Miami off the Glory. Two adults, no checked bags, would you do it?

Considering that there are times that US Customs has delayed debarkation quite a bit in Miami and we haven't been able to get off the ship until 10-11am, NO WAY.

As I've written in this forum before, book a later flight, and check your airline's standby procedures. Some airlines allow you to standby on an earlier flight at no cost. That way if you DO make it to the airport in time for the 10:50am flight, you can get on. But if you don't make it, you have a confirmed flight later in the day.

IF you book the 10:50am flight and miss it because of ship the delays, you're out of luck with the airline (and in many instances, out of a lot of $$$ to make changes).

thanks for the replies, kind of suprised thought more people would say go for it!

I would say no only because of the number of times we have flown out of Miami.

(with ONE security guard checking all the documents holding up the line forever...and that is BEFORE you get to go through the x-ray machines)

HECK NO!!!!!

You can't gamble on the chance that the ship will arrive in port late and debarkation starts late. I was on the Glory in January and we were late getting back, we never pulled into the channel until 7am (usually docked by 630am) and by the time the ship was tied up it was 8am. They debarked zone tags at the same time as self assist because we were over an hour behind.

Archived